Re: Stretching data (was: I never cease to disappoint myself)

  • Mike Dodd
    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 4, 2011
      RBA wrote:
      > In my case, if it's any help. after the usual cropping, and gradient
      > removal on the linear image, I simply applied a couple of histograms
      > stretches (I never use curves to stretch the data)....

      I'm curious, Rogelio, what tool do you use to stretch the data, if not
      Curves? Thanks.

      Mike Dodd
      http://astronomy.mdodd.com
      Louisa County, Virginia USA N37.58.23 W77.56.24
    • Robin Lee
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 11, 2011
        I like the way how your picture is presented in the browser. The little
        window of magnifier is so handy!
        RobinAstronomyNotes.net <http://www.astronomynotes.net>
        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "randy_nulman" <rj.nulman@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > M100 is dim and tough to get a good rendition of. You did a great
        job, without super long exposure times! Only comment I have is that the
        core seems to be blown out a bit...easily handled by a more careful use
        of non-linear stretching to tone it down...

        > Major kudos,
        > Randy
        > http://nulman.darkhorizons.org
        >

        > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Hap Griffin" lgriffin@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Here is M100 taken over three nights in March and early April
        through my Planewave 12.5” CDK with a QSI583wsg. The image
        details are below the picture. I hope you like it!