New Images - feedback?

  • Bob Holzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hi group:

      I was out last for the last time with my borrowed ST-237. It has to go back
      to it's owner this weekend, but I have heard that my MX7C is only 2 weeks
      away.

      Skies were mag 4.5 to 5. Seeing was fair to poor.

      I am still having some tracking problems, but I have gotten T&A to work. I
      think perhaps I have too much weight on the mount (GP-DX) with the C8,
      ST-80, and the ST-237. It needs 19 lbs. of counterweight. The ST80 should
      probably come off and I think the MX7C will be much lighter than the ST237.

      These shots were my first with the Meade f3.3 reducer, and where taken at
      about f3. It was fairly easy to get the image on the chip at f3, much easier
      than f6.3 and almost as easy as with Fastar. I tried some color on M27 but
      didn't get enough S/N with 30 second shots to make it work. Color should be
      way easier with MX7C. I was surprised that the 10x30 seconds on M27 didn't
      get me a little more s/n, but maybe it was the very poor conditions or maybe
      this object isn't nearly as bright as I thought it would be?

      Processing was with Astroart.

      Artificial flat with the gradient plug-in
      Richardson Lucy and/or Unsharp
      Contrast Stretch

      Comments please.

      Thanks,