Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Photoshop upgrade

  • Paul Beskeen
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 7, 2011
      On 07/02/2011 15:13, Terry Tuggle wrote:
      > Dave,
      >
      > One possibility would be to do a double upgrade. Amazon offers a CS3
      > upgrade from CS for 199.00 and from there you could upgrade to CS5 for
      > 189.00. Still expensive but better than the 600.00 price tag.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/6xqkqm4

      That seems like a reasonable approach.

      A word of warning though on some "bargains" that people might be tempted
      by out there for PS. I recently purchased CS4 from a seller on ebay. The
      product packaging looked reasonably good and the installation went
      smoothly, everything looked kosha (if you didn't look too carefully)...
      I only later determined it was counterfeit. So good a counterfeit that
      most people would never realize that it was - until they came to upgrade
      it.

      Due to a technical issue to do with hosting a local development web
      server I had cause to look in my HOSTS file. In there I found redirects
      of the adobe product registration server to localhost - essentially
      their hacked installer disabled the adobe product registration and
      authorization process. I then looked more critically at the packaging,
      and realized it was not of the quality one might expect and that there
      was no warranty paperwork nor printed manual...

      It took me a long time and use of the ebay dispute resolution process to
      get my money refunded. As you might expect the charlatan that was
      selling this was a very difficult and obnoxious character.

      I recommend caution when buying PS off ebay or other websites. If the
      deal looks too good to be true...

      Cheers, Paul.
      --

      > All the best,