RE: [ccd-newastro] Flaming Star Nebula with ST8300

  • Alan Voetsch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2011
      I'm a film guy still and a lurker here. However, I recently uploaded images and I constantly have the same probelm with image qualty noticeably decreased once uploaded. I can see some of it happen when I convert to an sRGB but I believe there's more to it than that. But even before then when opening images in Registar or PI LE they do not look as good as they did a minute earlier in PS. Any theories, ot solution?

      Right now, I'm doing the same thing and 'pumping it up a bit' before uploading. Still, no matter what it just does not look the same. Uploads become washed out, sky BGs look 'thin', and there's contrast and color loss.

      Thanks,
      Alan

      Astrophotography: http://www.pbase.com/avoetsch12952
      Clear sky clock: http://cleardarksky.com/c/CttrObORkey.html?1

      >I also noticed that the color looks better in PS than it does on the WEB >page. I have to "over-do it" a little in PS to get the same look on the >WEB page.

    • Matts Sporre
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2011
        Hi Bernard,

        Do you have a link to the new image?

        BR
        Matts

      • bgmiller011@cox.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          Matts,

          Try the same link. I made modifications suggested by you nad Bill and uploaded the new image to the same link.

          Thanks for the suggestions.

          Bernard