Re: M78 from two nights last week

  • madjordainian
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 10, 2011
      Nice! Good contrast & detail, very sharp image. The histogram appears to be very smooth point to point with a very nice natural curve lots of faint detail & sharp stars, with a very well balanced sky. Excellent image Hap!

      CS!

      Mark Jordan
      Greenfield, IN
      http://www.thestardeckobservatory.com

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Hap Griffin" <lgriffin@...> wrote:

      > Here is M78 from data captured on January 3rd and 8th with my QSI583 and Takahashi FSQ-106N.
      > Comments are always welcome.
      > http://www.machunter.org/hap_ccd_M78.html
      > Hap Griffin
      > www.machunter.org
      > DSLR Modifications at www.imaginginfinity.com

    • Jim Gianoulakis
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 10, 2011
        That's a beautiful image, Hap.

        Jim

        DSLR Modifications at www.imaginginfinity.com

        The information in this electronic mail communication (e-mail) contains confidential information which is the property of the sender and may be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or attorney work product doctrine. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized by the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission or the taking or omission of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately of your receipt of this message by e-mail and destroy this communication, any attachments, and all copies thereof.
        Southwest Gas Corporation does not guarantee the privacy or security of information transmitted by facsimile or other unsecure electronic means. By choosing to send or receive confidential or personal identifying information via facsimile or unencrypted e-mail, you consent to accept any associated risk.
        Thank you for your cooperation.

      • Bill Bradford
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 10, 2011
          Excellent image, Hap. Nice processing touch.

          Bill

          On 1/10/2011 11:49 AM, Hap Griffin wrote:
          > Here is M78 from data captured on January 3rd and 8th with my QSI583 and Takahashi FSQ-106N.
          > Comments are always welcome.
          > http://www.machunter.org/hap_ccd_M78.html
          > Hap Griffin
          > www.machunter.org
          > DSLR Modifications at www.imaginginfinity.com

        • Hap Griffin
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 10, 2011
            Thanks to all for your kind comments!

            Hap

            Excellent image, Hap. Nice processing touch.

            Bill

            On 1/10/2011 11:49 AM, Hap Griffin wrote:
            > Here is M78 from data captured on January 3rd and 8th with my QSI583 and Takahashi FSQ-106N.
            > Comments are always welcome.
            > http://www.machunter.org/hap_ccd_M78.html
            > Hap Griffin
            > www.machunter.org
            > DSLR Modifications at www.imaginginfinity.com

          • dannysperry
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 10, 2011
              That's an amazing image, Hap. Well done.

              Best,
              Danny

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Hap Griffin" <lgriffin@...> wrote:

              > Here is M78 from data captured on January 3rd and 8th with my QSI583 and Takahashi FSQ-106N.
              > Comments are always welcome.
              > http://www.machunter.org/hap_ccd_M78.html
              > Hap Griffin
              > www.machunter.org
              > DSLR Modifications at www.imaginginfinity.com

            • marcjousset
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 14, 2011
                Really an impressive view with a perfect processing and beautiful colors and details.

                Congrats and Happy New Year !

                Marc
                http://www.astrosurf.com/jousset

                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 14, 2011