Vixen VC200 and Fungus?

  • allhoest
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
      Hello, I just received a second hand VC200L.

      I dropped a picture in the file section:
      ALH_VC200_Scratches&Co_s_circle.jpg

      The picture was taken with a flash, thus the defects are enhanced.

      1° When I had a first look at the optic, I didn't noticed the scratches; but they are well visible on the pic.
      Would my pics suffer sooo badly?

      2° Then, using a flash light, I noticed round marks (circles...). Mmm, is that fungus?
      Any hint?

      Links to the pic:
      http://tinyurl.com/29ws3cp
      or
      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wOQcTeg7-6Anxs_SXlcU61LmkkVzjXDfs4dgeZjYY9n_VmmINO_29mO9OWO1sOdQR7oURosW2gPv0pGQ9rRPrBLKe05_ew/ALH_VC200_Scratches%26Co_s_circle.jpg

      Thank in advance for any input.
      Alexandre
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
        Links like the one you posted are not persistent. You'll need to tell us if the image is in Files or Photos, and if so, in what folder.

        Ron Wodaski

        On Dec 30, 2010, at 12:24 PM, allhoest wrote:

        > Hello, I just received a second hand VC200L.
        >
        > I dropped a picture in the file section:
        > ALH_VC200_Scratches&Co_s_circle.jpg
        >
        > The picture was taken with a flash, thus the defects are enhanced.
        >
        > 1° When I had a first look at the optic, I didn't noticed the scratches; but they are well visible on the pic.
        > Would my pics suffer sooo badly?
        >
        > 2° Then, using a flash light, I noticed round marks (circles...). Mmm, is that fungus?
        > Any hint?
        >
        > Links to the pic:
        > http://tinyurl.com/29ws3cp
        > or
        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wOQcTeg7-6Anxs_SXlcU61LmkkVzjXDfs4dgeZjYY9n_VmmINO_29mO9OWO1sOdQR7oURosW2gPv0pGQ9rRPrBLKe05_ew/ALH_VC200_Scratches%26Co_s_circle.jpg
        >
        > Thank in advance for any input.
        > Alexandre
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • allhoest
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
          Hello Ron, yes the pic is already in the file section; file name:
          > ALH_VC200_Scratches&Co_s_circle.jpg

          Rgds
          Alexandre

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2010
            I can't tell anything from the photo; it could be a lot of things.

            You may have to attempt a cleaning in order to see what's there.

            Ron Wodaski

            On Dec 30, 2010, at 11:59 PM, allhoest wrote:

            > Hello Ron, yes the pic is already in the file section; file name:
            >> ALH_VC200_Scratches&Co_s_circle.jpg
            >
            > Rgds
            > Alexandre
            > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wodaski <yahoo@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Links like the one you posted are not persistent. You'll need to tell us if the image is in Files or Photos, and if so, in what folder.
            >>
            >> Ron Wodaski
            >>

            >> On Dec 30, 2010, at 12:24 PM, allhoest wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hello, I just received a second hand VC200L.
            >>>
            >>> I dropped a picture in the file section:
            >>> ALH_VC200_Scratches&Co_s_circle.jpg
            >>>
            >>> The picture was taken with a flash, thus the defects are enhanced.
            >>>
            >>> 1° When I had a first look at the optic, I didn't noticed the scratches; but they are well visible on the pic.
            >>> Would my pics suffer sooo badly?
            >>>
            >>> 2° Then, using a flash light, I noticed round marks (circles...). Mmm, is that fungus?
            >>> Any hint?
            >>>
            >>> Links to the pic:
            >>> http://tinyurl.com/29ws3cp
            >>> or
            >>> http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wOQcTeg7-6Anxs_SXlcU61LmkkVzjXDfs4dgeZjYY9n_VmmINO_29mO9OWO1sOdQR7oURosW2gPv0pGQ9rRPrBLKe05_ew/ALH_VC200_Scratches%26Co_s_circle.jpg
            >>>
            >>> Thank in advance for any input.
            >>> Alexandre

          • allhoest
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 31, 2010
              I'll first check the optic under dark sky prior to any other action. Thanks anyway.