JPEGS to Movie

  • MarkM
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 10, 2010
      Hi, I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a good "possibly free" program that can convert multiple JPEG pics of a comet into a movie? I have 172 JPEG pics of comet Hartley 103P and would like to convert them into a movie. I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it had 5 second pauses in-between frames, I guess used for a slideshow effect. I need something where I can define the rate of frame process.

      Thanks!

      -Mark.
    • jbarnes520@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2010
        Windows Movie Maker can have 0.25 seconds between frames. Look under clip properties.

        Hi, I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a good "possibly free" program that can convert multiple JPEG pics of a comet into a movie? I have 172 JPEG pics of comet Hartley 103P and would like to convert them into a movie. I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it had 5 second pauses in-between frames, I guess used for a slideshow effect. I need something where I can define the rate of frame process.

        Thanks!

        -Mark.

      • Christina Martens
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2010
          I use PhotoLapse. Easy and productive little software
          Chris
        • jbarnes520@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 11, 2010
            There's another free movie maker, this from Pinnacle Software.

            http://download.cnet.com/Pinnacle-Video-Spin/3000-13631_4-10747819.html

            John

            Windows Movie Maker can have 0.25 seconds between frames. Look under clip properties.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 11, 2010
              Windows Movie Maker, in my experience, not recommended.

              One of the standards for many timelapsers out there - and FREE - is
              VirtualDub: http://www.virtualdub.org/

              It doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles, though you can
              certainly add many.
              Have the jpeg files with names in numeric sequence (usually as they
              come out of your camera), load the first, set your video compression,
              filters, frame rate, etc, and "Save as AVI".
              VirtualDub takes care of the rest. No need to add each file manually, etc.

              BTW, notice that if there's a gap in the numeric sequence, VirtualDub
              will stop right there.

              Cheers,
              Rogelio
            • gary mccormick
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
                I found this one JPGVideo and it works great. You just tell it what directory the JPEGs are in, what frame rate you want, and it does the rest.

                Gary McCormick

                Windows Movie Maker can have 0.25 seconds between frames. Look under clip properties.

                Hi, I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a good "possibly free" program that can convert multiple JPEG pics of a comet into a movie? I have 172 JPEG pics of comet Hartley 103P and would like to convert them into a movie. I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it had 5 second pauses in-between frames, I guess used for a slideshow effect. I need something where I can define the rate of frame process.

                Thanks!

                -Mark.

                =======
                =======

                =======
                http://www.pctools.com/
                =======

              • Stan
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
                  --- "MarkM" <denebola1973@...> wrote:
                  > ... program that can convert multiple JPEG pics of a comet
                  > into a movie?

                  Apple's QuickTime "Pro" ($35 upgrade to the free version) is very easy to use and does a good job. Here is an example:

                  http://stanmooreastro.com/SaggitariusSetting/index.html

                  Stan
                • Sander Pool
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
                    Hi,

                    what about a program that allows you to zoom in/out, rotate and pan the
                    images you turn into a movie? I have several movie editing programs but
                    none seem to do this. I use Windows but if you have Mac options please
                    list them too.

                    Thanks,

                    Sander
                  • Stan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
                      --- Sander Pool <sander_pool@...> wrote:
                      > what about a program that allows you to zoom in/out, rotate and
                      > pan the images you turn into a movie?

                      Microsoft's free "Movie Maker" does that to a limited extent. It's a lot of work, I don't care for the UI and there are limited output options. But you can weave stills, movies and music/sound into a great DVD show.

                      Stan
                    • jbarnes520@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
                        If you're expecting free, there may not be much out there that can do what you want. I gave the link to Pinnacle Studio's free software called Videospin.

                        Pinnacle Studio is offered in several versions, ranging in price from about $50 up to about $80 or so. I've used Pinnacle Studio Ultimate for several years and I find it works quite well.

                        John

                        > what about a program that allows you to zoom in/out, rotate and
                        > pan the images you turn into a movie?

                        Microsoft's free "Movie Maker" does that to a limited extent. It's a lot of
                        work, I don't care for the UI and there are limited output options. But you can
                        weave stills, movies and music/sound into a great DVD show.

                        Stan

                        ------------------------------------

                      • Georg
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 13, 2010
                          Hi,

                          >I have 172 JPEG pics of comet Hartley 103P and would like to convert >them into a movie. I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it had 5 second pauses in-between frames, I guess used for a slideshow effect. I need something where I can define the rate of frame process.

                          you can change the rate in Movie Maker: Import Images, Select all Images, goto the Edit tab, change duration. You can enter numbers like 0.2 into the duration field, if you like, giving you 5 frames/sec.

                          Georg
                        • dan kowall
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 13, 2010
                            I use PhotoShop CS4-Extended:
                            http://www.photonhunter.com/movies/M31MV.html
                            http://www.photonhunter.com/movies/MarsMV.html
                            (Allow time to load.)

                            dan kowall
                            photonhunter.com

                            _______

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 15, 2010
                              Thank you everyone! I was able to make a time-lapse with GIF Animator and then convert it to WMV file with Corel Digital. Goto the link below to see it (Comet Hartley). Click on the image to goto YouTube video.

                              http://www.astronomysoup.com/backyard_blog/movies/

                              Thanks again with Clear Skies,

                              Mark.