NGC7331-Work in progress

  • randy_nulman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      Hi,
      Sorry for any cross-posts.

      I am still waiting for good weather and no moon to double or triple the data I
      acquire for this work in progress with the new camera:

      http://www.nulman.darkhorizons.org/images/ngc7331.html

      I re-processed this a bit, but didn't try data rejection on the 3 (only) frames
      of each RGB, so please disregard the color specs (mostly cosmic hits), as this
      is not a finished project. What I did do was change the orientation for a
      better effect, and I didn't touch the raw data in terms of colors that came from
      the STX-16803 and the Astrodon filters at all...this color looks good to me, but
      I'd like some confirmation due to my blue/green color blindness issue...

      I did use a minor high pass filter layer at 75% opacity and careful use of the
      minimum filter after deconvolution...remember that seeing was poor and even some
      reasonable deconvolution didn't do the job...I'll get more aggressive when the
      s/n is better after I collect more data. I'm starting to like the
      possibilities, and comments or suggestions are welcome.

      Thanks,
      Randy

      Randy Nulman
      http://nulman.darkhorizons.org