Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: OAG advice / recommendation sought

  • Ken Harrison
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 8, 2009
      Even with the Canon DSLR the Orion deluxe seems to work very well. It has T
      thread connections all round and a limited travel helical focus for the
      guide camera; so you can use a SCT>T thread to connect it to the Lx and then
      mix and match T thead extension tubes etc ( I use a prism diagonal sometimes
      to hold the guide camera... reduces over hang)
      What I like is it can be mounted either before or between the filter wheel/
      flip mirror etc and the imaging camera, so it's still usable with narrow
      band filters.
      The chip size in my guide camera, a QHY5 is only 5.3 x 6.7mm ( DSI IIpro 5.6
      x4.7mm, MX7c 6.5 x 5mm) and the pick off prism is 10mm square, that gets you
      full chip coverage for guiding....( The prism in my Lumicon Cass OAG is even
      larger.....)