Re: Pillars of creation "now in Hubble colours"

  • strongmanmike2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hi Jim

      I effectively increased the SII (red) in the SIIHaOIII image by adding the traditional magenta hued LHaRGB data from the old data set into the new data set. This also added some more natural colours to the stars too

      Mike

    • jfmiller7@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
        Thanks Mike, despite binning and long exposure times I seem to struggle getting enough SII data on some subjects. Thanks for telling me how you increased   yours .

        best regards ,

        Jim

        I effectively increased the SII (red) in the SIIHaOIII image by adding the traditional magenta hued LHaRGB data from the old data set into the new data set. This also added some more natural colours to the stars too

        Mike

        --- In ccd-newastro@ yahoogroups .com , jfmiller7@... wrote:

        > Very nice. Did you reduce the HA or increase the SII contribution ?
        >

        > thanks ,
        >

        > Jim

        __ ._,_. __ _
        Messages in this topic ( 3 ) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
        Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Calendar
        Yahoo! Groups

        Recent Activity

          2
        New Members

          7
        New Photos

        Visit Your Group

        Give Back

        Yahoo! for Good

        Get inspired

        by a good cause.

        Y! Toolbar

        Get it Free!

        easy 1-click access

        to your groups.

        Yahoo! Groups

        Start a group

        in 3 easy steps.

        Connect with others.
        .

        __ ,_._, __ _

      • Bob Franke
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
          Hi Jim,

          Here's something to try... J-P's tone mapping technique. He seems to get pretty good results in bringing out faint narrowband data.

          http://astroanarchy.googlepages.com/ToneMapping.pdf

          Good luck,
          Bob Franke
          http://bf-astro.com

        • jfmiller7@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 8, 2009
            Thanks Bob ( and of course JP), that was very helpful . I made my first pass last night with big improvements in SII , and will try it again tonight. The only thing I struggled with was using the "dust and scratches" process that was defined to remove the stars. I could not get it to look right, so i went back to the process used in Ron's book for removing stars. From there. I followed the rest of the JP's process.

            Thanks again,

            Jim----- Original Message -----