Re: Observatory remote access

  • jerryrp49
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10 7:50 AM
      Antonio,
      Here is the wireless version of the Icron units I use:
      http://www.icron.com/products/usb_new/wireless-usb.php

      Good Luck!
      Jerry
      South Florida
    • JoeMize
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 11 7:10 AM
        The ICRON WiFi Ranger only has a ~30m (98ft) range.

        Depending upon the range you require you could improve the signal range with
        Hawking's High Gain WiFi Signal Booster. This Signal Booster amplifies a
        standard WiFi device output of ~70mW up to 500mW, range and punching power
        will be increased.

        http://www.gohawking.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=397&osCsid=d1ec0a88952db463f513ff377b443848

        Keep in mind both the LEX and REX units transmit and each only has about a
        30m range. Because of that a Signal Booster 'might' be required at each end
        for reliable communication through walls and windows. Only testing will
        reveal if two Signal Boosters will be required. HTH...joe :)

        "May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"
        Joe Mize www.cav-sfo.com
        Chiefland Astronomy Village, Fla.