Guiding with the imaging chip?

  • atomicsgreg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 7:17 PM
      I have a spare ST-8
      Instead of using the normal guide chip (237) can I use the ST-8 imaging chip to guide with?
      I have a 6303 camera that I would like to guide and the relatively large imaging chip of the ST-8 would make finding a guide star easier to say the least.

      Anyone know of a program that would allow me to do that?
    • Geof Wingham
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 7:26 PM
        If you are using one as an off axis guider then CCDSoft V5 can do it. I
        sometimes use a double saddle mount and image with a ST8 and use a
        ST2000XCM as an off axis guide camera. All you have to do is specify it
        on the drop down menu and the program will control both cameras.

        Cheers
        Geof Wingham

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1 8:08 PM
          Yes I intend to use an off axis guider pick off mirror gizmo
          Thanks