Re: Combining Data from Different Nights

  • Robert Gillette
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4 6:33 PM
      Doug, James, Don -- Thanks for your responses. All very helpful.

      Bob

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas B. George" <dg@...> wrote:

      > Robert Gillette wrote:
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I'm about to try for the first time combining data collected from one object
      > > on multiple nights. Same camera, same optics. Question is whether new data
      > > can be merged in MaxIm with a previously combined data set, or should all
      > > individual frames be combined at the same time?
      >
      > I'd recommend combining all of the individual frames at the same time. This is
      > very easy to do with the Stack command; simply add all the folders that contain
      > images for that object. Since they are coming from disk this will not overwhelm
      > your system's memory.
      >
      > Doug
      >
      > -----------------------------------
      >
      > Doug George
      > dgeorge@...
      >
      > Diffraction Limited
      > Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products
      > http://www.cyanogen.com
      >
      > 100 Craig Henry Dr., Suite 202
      > Ottawa, Ontario,
      > Canada, K2G 5W3
      >
      > Phone: (613) 225-2732
      > Fax: (613) 225-9688

    • harryianpage
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7 8:13 AM
        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gillette" <tekic545@...> wrote:
        >Hi Bob

        I Use Pixinsight to stack my images and this uses a noise evaluation
        method to access the signal in each sub
        This means the length of each sub is not considered and with my experiments give the SNR I can get.

        I know this is not in maxim but thought you might want to know!

        Regards Harry Page