Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: ngc 4565 from my backyard

  • jfmiller7@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 8:48 AM
      Thank you for the explanation , again a great shot. Was it cropped much? I am interested how far off axis you were able to get good stars.

      many thanks,

      Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 11:27 AM
        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, jfmiller7@... wrote:
        >Hi Jim,

        The image was croped to 95% after combining the frames in MaximDL.
        The limit to keep round stars at the prime focus of the C14 is a field of near 25-30 mm, with a near perfect collimation... a crucial step to preserve the full resolution and the best field of view.
        Over that limit, the stars are slightly elongated but it is not dramatic. To get the better results, the shape of the stars in the angles should be corrected with a little touch of deconvolution (I use maxim for that).

        Regards,

        Marc

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 6:48 PM
          Thanks Marc ,