Re: [ccd-newastro] M42 processing

  • Dave Bailey
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2009
      Thanks to Mike, Adam, Vincent and Glen for responding.

      I don't have PixInsight so elected to follow Glen's suggestion and try Jerry Lodriguss' routine for compositing 2 different exposures.
      I had 10 X 0.5second and 10 X 60 second exposures of each RGB filter. I ran out of time that one clear night before getting LUM exposures. The final RGB came out pretty well. The Trapezium shows distinctly and the overlay blends in. Good enough for one night.

      Thanks for helping.
      Dave Bailey

      From: davealta@...
      Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:22:00 +0000
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] M42 processing

      Is there a document or tutorial that describes how to combine short
      exposures that resolve the Trapezium, and longer exposures that get
      faint nebulosity, into an image that shows both?
      Dave Bailey