Binning/Image Dimensions/Resizing

  • rjhertel2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
      Good morning all-
      In Ha-imaging IC410 the other night, I inadvertently captured lights
      binned 2x2. When I went to dark subtract, the images were half the
      size of my darks, which were binned 1x1. In a situation like this,
      what would be the correct approach (assuming one exists). Does it make
      sense to resize the darks? The lights? If so, is that done by simply
      changing the image size in Photoshop? I'd like to understand if the
      pixel by pixel subtraction that occurs during dark frame application
      still would work here.
      Thanks
      Bob Hertel
    • Neil Fleming
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
        Nope.  Gotta shoot 2x2 binned darks <g>.

           ...Neil

        www.flemingastrophotography.com
        Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!