Setting up a remote obs. to use U.T. - How do I do this?

  • Rick Wiggins
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      Hi guys,
      I want to switch over everything in my observatory to Universal Time
      (UT). One of the driving reasons is a Daylight Savings Time (DST) bug
      in the DDWCP S/W (dome controller from TI). It will also simplify
      making the twice a year DST setting changes on al the H/W & S/W.

      I use:
      AP Mount
      TheSky
      CCDCommander usually (ACP & CCD Autopilot occasionally)
      Pulse Guide (ocassionally)
      WIndows XP on PC
      Maxim & CCDSoft
      FocusMax w/ Robofocus
      Various APC Power switches & UPS
      DDW & DDWCP Technoical Innovations controller (for HomeDome)

      My question is, which programs do I need to adjust and what settings?
      I know that I need to change the AP handcontroller and TheSky. I am
      guessing that I should change the computer clock (I assume that I set
      it for "GMT Greenwich Mean Time" as there seems to be no setting for
      UT?).

      If anyone is doing this, I would greatly appreciate the help.
      Thanks, Rick