O/T: Astrophotography tutoring, anyone?

  • Neil Fleming
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      My girlfriend has instructed me to see what I can do
      to bring *in* some income rather than just shovel it
      out all the time <g>. So...I'd like to see if anyone
      is interested in some one-on-one tutoring.

      We've all seen DVD's, read books, and gone to
      conferences in-person, but if you're anything like me,
      you prefer to be shown how to do things in person. I'm
      setting up tutoring that is dedicated to any level of
      astro-imager who wants to accelerate their learning
      curve, through hardware and camera setup, image
      acquisition, initial processing, and image
      finalization in Photoshop.

      The format would be a dedicated evening, say 2-3
      hours. By using remote access facilities, we would
      collaborate on one system, either yours or mine.

      Topics could include:
      - Initial image processing with CCDStack, MaxIM
      - Deconvolution and DDP
      - Other tools like Registar, Tria, FocusMagic
      - The myriad possible techniques in Photoshop; Data
      optimization, advanced selections and layers,
      sharpening (Smart Sharpen, Unsharp Masking, "True"
      Unsharp Masking, Multi-layer High Pass Sharpening),
      Color balancing and adjustments, gradient control, and
      mosaics
      - Image acquisition and guiding techniques with MaxIM
      or CCDSoft
      - Automation approaches with CCDCommander or CCDAP
      - Mount alignment with T-Point or PoleAlignMax
      - Use of FocusMax

      This is the start of my tutoring offering, so if you
      have any interest, just drop me a note off-line.

      Regards...Neil

      www.flemingastrophotography.com
      Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
    • Pascal Poitevin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2008
        Dear Neil,

        It is sound very interesting and would like to improve my little knowledge with astro photo traitement etc....

        Best regards

        Pascal Poitevin