One Shot Color Flat Maker Plug-in

  • aphanitic1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      i just downloaded the plug in for OSC flats for CCDSoft 5.0.0.187.

      My question about using it is this: Do i need to use the plug in on each single flat before I
      combine many flats into a master flat? Or can I make a master flat and run the plug in once?

      Thanks.

      --kelly
    • Wodaski - Yahoo
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        Either method should work and produce a similar result. The plug-in operates
        on the raw data, so it shouldn't matter whether that data is from a single
        image of averaged images.

        If the images need to be normalized, then with the way that most software
        works, I would probably apply the filter to individual images and then
        normalize and combine the output files from the flat maker just to be on the
        safe side - most normalization routines expect to see a "normal" flat rather
        than raw non-de-Bayered data; they might introduce some errors.

        Ron W