Pixel size question

  • antonioborgonovo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I'm planning in buying a Kaf-09000 based camera.
      It will be used in a TOA-150 telescope.
      Does the pixel size (12 microns) to big for this scope???

      Antonio Borgonovo
    • Mark de Regt
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Antonio,

        There's no such thing as "too big." ;)

        It's a matter of personal preference. Personally, I like smaller pixels
        with short focal length scopes, because I like getting more detail. But
        imaging with a TOA-150 with a 12 micron camera isn't much different than
        imaging with an FSQ-106 with 9 micron pixels, so you'd be fine.

        It just depends on what you want.

        --Mark

      • antonioborgonovo
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008