RE: [ccd-newastro] IC1805 the Heart nebula

  • Mark de Regt
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      Marc,

      Very nice image!

      Nice detail, and nice color on the nebula.

      The only suggestion I can offer is that stars and star colors can be very
      difficult in HaRGB imaging. Rob Gendler, a fabulous imager, has a tutorial
      on his website at
      http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/HARGB.html

      I have found his method to work very well.

      Nice work, and keep those beautiful images coming.

      Mark de Regt
      http://www.de-regt.com/Astronomy

    • peturnielsen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
        beautiful image

        Peter

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "marcjousset" <mj.astro@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have finished the color version of my lastest post of IC1805 in BW
        > with the Ha and the FSQ/STL.
        > This is the HaRGB version with 6x5min exposures for the RGB layers.
        >
        > http://www.astrosurf.com/jousset/forums/ic1805_071215.jpg
        >
        > The full is also avialable on my website.
        >
        > Comments always appreciated.
        >
        > Friendly,
        >
        > Marc
        > http://www.astrosurf.com/jousset

      • marcjousset
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
          Thanks Peter,

          Marc

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "peturnielsen" <peturnielsen@...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
            hello Mark,

            Thanks for your comment and your suggestion. I know the tutorial from
            Rob Gendler. But i always get a lost of definition in the combine with
            these method. Good color but with a serious lost of sharpness.
            So i use a mix of these one and some others (from Steve Canistra).

            But you're right, it is not easy to get good colors with HaRGB images.

            Marc

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Mark de Regt" <deregt@...> wrote:

            > Marc,
            >
            > Very nice image!
            >
            > Nice detail, and nice color on the nebula.
            >
            > The only suggestion I can offer is that stars and star colors can be
            very
            > difficult in HaRGB imaging. Rob Gendler, a fabulous imager, has a
            tutorial
            > on his website at
            > http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/HARGB.html
            >
            > I have found his method to work very well.
            >
            > Nice work, and keep those beautiful images coming.
            >
            > Mark de Regt
            > http://www.de-regt.com/Astronomy

          • Mark de Regt
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
              Hi,

              I don't normally post my images here, but I thought that it would only be
              fair to do so with this one I just finished, since I've been liberal with my
              advice recently. Everyone now gets a shot at me, and I can prove that I
              really do take pictures from time to time. <g>

              I started this one on New Year's eve (took the laptop to a little party; I
              define "party animal"), and finally declared victory this weekend, after all
              sorts of problems kept me from getting as much data as I would have liked.
              But it's time to move on.

              Be sure to click through to the pure Ha versions (takes a bit of time to
              download after clicking).

              Acquisition and processing information are with the image.

              Enjoy!

              http://www.de-regt.com/Astronomy/Rosette.htm

              Mark de Regt
              http://www.de-regt.com/Astronomy