Re: Cheap guider camera

  • shlinuxau
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 31, 2008
      Justin,

      It looks like the Chinese are getting into CCD cameras now also.
      There is a company called QHY who have a giude camera with quite a
      decent sized CCD (1.3 MP). This camera is being introduced here in
      Australia for A$299. Sounds like quite a bargain. It has an ST4
      output and USB2 output.

      Certainly worth consideration if you want a cheap guider.

      Stephen
    • Greg Mueller
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1, 2008
        Got a link?

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "shlinuxau" <shlinuxau@...> wrote:

        > Justin,
        >
        > It looks like the Chinese are getting into CCD cameras now also.
        > There is a company called QHY who have a giude camera with quite a
        > decent sized CCD (1.3 MP). This camera is being introduced here in
        > Australia for A$299. Sounds like quite a bargain. It has an ST4
        > output and USB2 output.
        >
        > Certainly worth consideration if you want a cheap guider.
        >
        > Stephen

      • shlinuxau
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
          Link is

          http://www.qhyccd.com/

          I think the camera being sold here as the "Q Guide" is the QHY5.

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Mueller" <ccd@...> wrote:

          > Got a link?
          >

          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "shlinuxau" <shlinuxau@>
          wrote:

          > > Justin,
          > >
          > > It looks like the Chinese are getting into CCD cameras now also.
          > > There is a company called QHY who have a giude camera with quite
          > > decent sized CCD (1.3 MP). This camera is being introduced here
          in
          > > Australia for A$299. Sounds like quite a bargain. It has an ST4
          > > output and USB2 output.
          > >
          > > Certainly worth consideration if you want a cheap guider.
          > >
          > > Stephen

        • Michael Sherick
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hi Folks,

            It is interesting to me how the reflection nebula M78 and ngc1333 have such similiar characteristics. Both of these objects were imaged a couple of nights ago from our remote JMSM Observatory in New Mexico. Imaged with our newly modified TMB152, STL6303, with a Clear filter. Data acquired with CCD Commander, processed with CCD Stack and PhotoShopCS. Exposure sequence for both of these images ws 12 x 5 minutes unbinned.

            I hope you enjoy the results.

            M78 small file size:
            http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/Neb/M78-Lum-2-2-08sm.jpg

            M78 high resolution:
            http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/Neb/M78-Lum-2-2-08.jpg

            ngc1333 small file size:
            http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/Neb/ngc1333-Lum-2-2-08sm.jpg

            ngc1333 high resolution:
            http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/Neb/M78-Lum-2-2-08.jpg

            I hope to add some color data when weather and time permits.

            Regards,
            Mike Sherick
            JMSM Observatory
            www.imagingtheheavens.com

            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
              Michael,

              I think you listed the wrong link for NGC1333 - it looks to be the hi-res M78 again.

              Chris A.

              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
                Hi Chris,

                Thanks for catching the posting error. Here is the correct web link for the high-resolution ngc1333 image:

                http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/Neb/ngc1333-Lum-2-2-08.jpg

                Clear Skies,

                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
                  They are both really beautiful and that FOV is great especially for the M78! I will look forward to the color. I have been working on M78 and fighting the Philadelphia light dome's light pollution as well as the PA weather. I am reallllllly praying for at least more clear night during this dark window.

                  Chris A.

                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Hi Chris,

                    Glad you like the full resolution version. Best of luck with your effort on this same object.

                    God definitely answers prayers, so get ready for some clear skies :-)