Re: Bubble Nebula

  • marcjousset
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hi Wolfgang,

      Really impressed by the level of details you reached in the Bubble.
      Just one nit, i find the stars too smooth and too large, specially
      the brightest ones. Perhaps you could reduce them a little ?

      A nice image of the bubble

      Marc
      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "sn2005cs" <wkloehr@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > i'd like to share the last result of the Bubble nebula.
      > http://www.dsi-astronomie.de/NGC7635.htm
      > image data:
      > Date: 2007-12-20
      > Scope: Meade 10'' ARC
      > Mount: Vixen New Atlux
      > Focal Length: 1600mm
      > Camera: ATIK 16HR
      > Exposure: L 20x8 RGB 7x8min
      >
      > regards
      > Wolfgang

    • Michael Sherick

        Date: 2007-12-20
        Scope: Meade 10'' ARC
        Mount: Vixen New Atlux
        Focal Length: 1600mm
        Camera: ATIK 16HR
        Exposure: L 20x8 RGB 7x8min

        regards
        Wolfgang

      • Bill Logan
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2008
          Wow! Great shot Wolfgang. The Bubble Nebula is on my list of things to
          image and only hope I can get it half as good. To get a focal length of
          1600 mm, you must have used an f/6.3 focal reducer? How many darks and
          flats did you take?

          Clear skies,

          Bill Logan
          Robert Burnham Jr. Memorial Observatory
          Eagar, Arizona

          "If we're the only life in the universe, it seems an awful waste of space."
          Carl Sagan

          > i'd like to share the last result of the Bubble nebula.
          > http://www.dsi-astronomie.de/NGC7635.htm
          > image data:
          > Date: 2007-12-20
          > Scope: Meade 10'' ARC
          > Mount: Vixen New Atlux
          > Focal Length: 1600mm
          > Camera: ATIK 16HR
          > Exposure: L 20x8 RGB 7x8min
          >
          > regards
          > Wolfgang
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 12:05 PM

        • sn2005cs
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2008
            Hi Bill,

            yes thats right i used the F6.3 reducer.
            I used ~20 Flats and 2 darks

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Logan" <wb9sat@...> wrote:

            > Wow! Great shot Wolfgang. The Bubble Nebula is on my list of
            things to
            > image and only hope I can get it half as good. To get a focal
            length of
            > 1600 mm, you must have used an f/6.3 focal reducer? How many darks and
            > flats did you take?
            >
            > Clear skies,
            >
            > Bill Logan
            > Robert Burnham Jr. Memorial Observatory
            > Eagar, Arizona
            >
            > "If we're the only life in the universe, it seems an awful waste of
            space."
            > Carl Sagan

            1/4/2008
            > > 12:05 PM