What brand of pier is this?

  • Dean S
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
      I saw this pier at WSP a couple years ago and like it. I have a new AP1200GTO and want to look at my options before I order an AP pier, and an AS pier is not in my budget. I know leveling is not of great importance, but I still like to get it close.

      http://www.doghouseastronomy.com/starparties/12.jpg

      Thanks for the time,
      Dean

    • tliakopoulos
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
        I think this is what your looking for
        http://www.parallaxinstruments.com/

        Tom

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dean S" <dean@...> wrote:

        > I saw this pier at WSP a couple years ago and like it. I have a
        new AP1200GTO and want to look at my options before I order an AP
        pier, and an AS pier is not in my budget. I know leveling is not of
        great importance, but I still like to get it close.

        > http://www.doghouseastronomy.com/starparties/12.jpg
        >
        > Thanks for the time,
        > Dean

      • Dean S
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
          That is it indeed!!

          Thanks for finding it. So does anyone have any experience with this one?

          Thanks,
          Dean

          >> I saw this pier at WSP a couple years ago and like it. I have a
          > new AP1200GTO and want to look at my options before I order an AP
          > pier, and an AS pier is not in my budget. I know leveling is not of
          > great importance, but I still like to get it close.
          >>
          >> http://www.doghouseastronomy.com/starparties/12.jpg
          >>
          >> Thanks for the time,
          >> Dean

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 12/2/2007 11:30 AM

        • Mike Krivsky
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
            Hi Dean,

            I have one of these parrallax piers and use it with my AP1200gto. It
            is a wonderful pier, stable and extremely easy to setup and take
            down. I would definitly recommend it and it is a bargain compared to
            other more expensive piers. Here is a picture of mine with the
            rotating pier adapter: http://www.kriv.net/pier/pier1.jpg

            Hope this helps,

            Mike K.
            Wisconsin

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dean S" <dean@...> wrote:

            > That is it indeed!!
            >
            > Thanks for finding it. So does anyone have any experience with
            this one?

            > Thanks,
            > Dean

          • Dean S
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
              Nice looking for sure. I was worried that the legs are not quite long
              enough, but you feel it is pretty stable? I am thinking about 36' tall,
              yours looks taller than that?

              Joe also said I need to send him the pier cap for the fit, seems like that
              is a common order, did you have to send him yours to get the right hole
              pattern? I was thinking about havingit painted white to match the mount,
              but yours looks nice too. Is the handle standard or did you add it?

              Thanks for the feedback,
              Dean

              > I have one of these parrallax piers and use it with my AP1200gto. It
              > is a wonderful pier, stable and extremely easy to setup and take
              > down. I would definitly recommend it and it is a bargain compared to
              > other more expensive piers. Here is a picture of mine with the
              > rotating pier adapter: http://www.kriv.net/pier/pier1.jpg
              >
              > Hope this helps,
              >
              > Mike K.
              > Wisconsin
              >

              > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dean S" <dean@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> That is it indeed!!
              >>
              >> Thanks for finding it. So does anyone have any experience with
              > this one?
              >>
              >> Thanks,
              >> Dean

            • Mike Krivsky
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
                Mine is 45" tall and I have no problems with stablity even on grass.
                At 36" it would be even better. The legs extend out far enough but
                not to far and looking at the pic it is somewhat deceptive. I also
                had to send him the pier cap you would think he would keep a template
                for AP stuff but thats a question I cant answer. The handle is not
                standard I had him add it so I can move it without taking the legs
                off. I dont move it far when I use it at home--he didnt charge me
                extra for it. I was torn between the white and the black also but I
                think both look great. Those AP mounts make anything look good :)

                Mike K.
                Wisconsin

                Date:

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links