Help!... Need guidance on purchasing an imaging mount.

  • ccd_rider
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hi… I would appreciate purchase guidance from anyone who has
      personal experience with Vixen imaging mounts. I'm returning to the
      hobby after a brief hiatus. (I was a fair CCD imager using a Vixen
      GPDX/SkySensor2000 mount, a variety of small APO's and a SBIG ST2000
      imager.)….. Today the field of suitable Vixen mounts has grown.

      My current candidates are:

      1) Sphinx SXD/Starbook-S
      2) Sphinx SXW/Starbook-S
      3) GPD2/SkySensor2000
      4) GPD2/Starbook-S (with MT4 motors)

      Key features sought include:

      1) Portability (I use small/medium size APO's with an attached CCD
      imager)
      2) Low random error during tracking
      3) Durability (brass instead of other alloy gears, etc.)
      4) Support for PC control of the hand controller
      5) Anticipated product longevity (the SS2K was briefly unavailable
      in the US)

      Thank you very much in advance… Avi