Re: New Telescope

  • calstan2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi Paulo,

      This may be a bit off topic for a CCD imaging group, but you
      mentioned Obsession in your post. I picked up a used 15" Obsession
      about two years ago and it's got to be one of the best visual
      observing instruments out there. It's not too heavy, fits easily in
      the back of my Outback wagon, quick to set up, excellent optics, and
      short enough to observe anything without a ladder. With a decent DSC
      setup it's a blast to use.

      People do use scopes like this for imaging by using an equatorial
      platform, but I think that would take away some of the appeal -
      additional setup time, more "stuff" to bring along, etc.

      Hope this helps.

      Cal
      Windham, ME