looking for software

  • Richard Evans
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm looking for software that will automatically rotate, re-dimension,
      and perfectly superimpose two images of the same subject taken at
      slightly different magnifications and image rotations. Photoshop CS2
      will do this manually, but I need a fully automated process because it
      must be applied to many many images. Any ideas would be appreciated...

      Thanks,

      Rick Evans
    • wt5l_jon
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
        I think you're looking for registration software like Registar. Check
        out the link below:

        http://www.aurigaimaging.com/

        I highly recommend Registar... a bit pricey, but worth it.

        HTH,
        Jon

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Evans"
        <revans_01420@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm looking for software that will automatically rotate, re-dimension,
        > and perfectly superimpose two images of the same subject taken at
        > slightly different magnifications and image rotations. Photoshop CS2
        > will do this manually, but I need a fully automated process because it
        > must be applied to many many images. Any ideas would be appreciated...
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Rick Evans

      • Richard Evans
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
          Jon,

          Registar would be perfect but it only works on stars... I need to
          register lunar images of the same features but with slightly
          different magnifications and some minimal image rotation present.
          Since images are taken by two different cameras but minutes apart
          there are no libration effects to worry about.

          Rick

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "wt5l_jon" <jonolson@...> wrote:

          > I think you're looking for registration software like Registar.
          Check
          > out the link below:
          >
          > http://www.aurigaimaging.com/
          >
          > I highly recommend Registar... a bit pricey, but worth it.
          >
          > HTH,
          > Jon
          >
          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Evans"
          > <revans_01420@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I'm looking for software that will automatically rotate, re-
          dimension,
          > > and perfectly superimpose two images of the same subject taken
          at
          > > slightly different magnifications and image rotations.
          Photoshop CS2
          > > will do this manually, but I need a fully automated process
          because it
          > > must be applied to many many images. Any ideas would be
          appreciated...

          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Rick Evans

        • Lenny Shaffer
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
            Registax is the most used planetary and lunar stacker. The latest version
            allows for multiple selections for alignment. Pick two craters or features
            and off it goes.

            At 03:52 PM 9/1/2007 +0000, you wrote:
            >Jon,
            >
            >Registar would be perfect but it only works on stars... I need to
            >register lunar images of the same features but with slightly
            >different magnifications and some minimal image rotation present.
            >Since images are taken by two different cameras but minutes apart
            >there are no libration effects to worry about.
            >
            >Rick
            >
            >--- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "wt5l_jon" <jonolson@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I think you're looking for registration software like Registar.
            >Check
            > > out the link below:
            > >
            > > http://www.aurigaimaging.com/
            > >
            > > I highly recommend Registar... a bit pricey, but worth it.
            > >
            > > HTH,
            > > Jon
            > >
            > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Evans"
            > > <revans_01420@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all,
            > > >
            > > > I'm looking for software that will automatically rotate, re-
            >dimension,
            > > > and perfectly superimpose two images of the same subject taken
            >at
            > > > slightly different magnifications and image rotations.
            >Photoshop CS2
            > > > will do this manually, but I need a fully automated process
            >because it
            > > > must be applied to many many images. Any ideas would be
            >appreciated...
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Rick Evans
            > > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Clear skies-
            Lenny

            Your Murphy's Law of the Week:
            "When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people
            who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty"

            Astronomy and CCD Pages:
            http://www.intercom.net/user/shaffer/astronomy_and_ccd.html
            NexStarGPS and Links Page:
            http://www.intercom.net/user/shaffer/nexstar11.html

          • Richard Evans
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
              Lenny,

              I use Registax often but it can't deal with image files of
              different dimensions or make an alignment where a rotational
              difference and magnification difference is present in the image set.

              Rick

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Lenny Shaffer <shaffer@...>

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                Hi,

                I think that I have found a workable answer for the moon... it is to
                use the free program LTVT.

                wrote:

                > Registax is the most used planetary and lunar stacker. The latest
                version
                > allows for multiple selections for alignment. Pick two craters or
                features
                > and off it goes.
                >
                > At 03:52 PM 9/1/2007 +0000, you wrote:
                > >Jon,
                > >
                > >Registar would be perfect but it only works on stars... I need to
                > >register lunar images of the same features but with slightly
                > >different magnifications and some minimal image rotation present.
                > >Since images are taken by two different cameras but minutes apart
                > >there are no libration effects to worry about.
                > >
                > >Rick
                > >
                > >--- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "wt5l_jon" <jonolson@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I think you're looking for registration software like Registar.
                > >Check
                > > > out the link below:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.aurigaimaging.com/
                > > >
                > > > I highly recommend Registar... a bit pricey, but worth it.
                > > >
                > > > HTH,
                > > > Jon
                > > >
                > > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Evans"

                > >dimension,
                > >at
                > >Photoshop CS2
                > >because it
                > >appreciated...

                > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > Clear skies-
                > Lenny
                >
                > Your Murphy's Law of the Week:
                > "When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of
                12 people
                > who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty"
                >
                > Astronomy and CCD Pages:
                > http://www.intercom.net/user/shaffer/astronomy_and_ccd.html
                > NexStarGPS and Links Page:
                > http://www.intercom.net/user/shaffer/nexstar11.html

              • Neil Fleming
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                  Registar or CCDStack will do very well. CCDStack is
                  an overall image processing program. It will do it
                  all up to the point you'd import to PS.

                  Registar specializes in image registration only, but
                  is the best in that class.

                  ...Neil

                  --- Richard Evans <revans_01420@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > I'm looking for software that will automatically
                  > rotate, re-dimension,
                  > and perfectly superimpose two images of the same
                  > subject taken at
                  > slightly different magnifications and image
                  > rotations. Photoshop CS2
                  > will do this manually, but I need a fully automated
                  > process because it
                  > must be applied to many many images. Any ideas would
                  > be appreciated...
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Rick Evans

                  www.flemingastrophotography.com
                • W. W. Mathis
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                    Will any of the regisration/stacking software process the frames in real time, ie., add a new, just received frame to a pre-existing stack, and display the result on the computer monitor? Then you could take color filtered frames, add them to previous frames and gradually build up a color picture?

                    I realize the result certainly would not be as good as a picture that had been fully processed with PS, but it would be neat for telescope demenstrations if you wanted to set up a telescope on a "street corner" for people to look thru....

                    Regards,

                    Ward Mathis

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                      The only software I know that will do this is the
                      Meade Envisage sofware used with the DSI series.

                      As you state below, the result is not optimal,
                      compared to the traditional approach.

                      ...Neil