A Quickie Veil in Ha

  • Neil Fleming
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      This is a short, 3-hour Ha shot of the Eastern Veil
      from a couple of nights ago. (I'm in the middle of
      collecting OIII data for a couple of objects in the
      pipeline, but the moon is getting in the way, at
      present <g>). So, I took the opportunity to swing
      over to this object to snag some exposures.

      I almost, but not quite, get the entire nebula in the
      FOV. Makes me want to do an evetual mosaic.

      Date Taken:
      - 8/3/2007

      Equipment Used:
      - TMB 203 F/7
      - SBIG STL-6303
      - Paramount ME
      - Optec 3" rotator
      - Starlight Instrument's Digital Feather Touch
      Focuser
      - Baader Planetarium 7nm Ha Filter

      Exposures:
      - 6x30-minute Ha sub exposures, 3 hours in total

      http://www.flemingastrophotography.com/ngc6992.html

      I hope you enjoy!

      ...Neil

      www.flemingastrophotography.com