M3 from Midtown Manhattan

  • Neil Fleming
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      ...nah, just kidding!

      This image was composed using data from both my TMB
      203 F/7 (for the color info), in combination with DSS
      data. The Catalogs and Surveys Group of the Space
      Telescope Science Institute has digitized the
      photographic Sky survey plates from the Palomar and UK
      Schmidt telescopes to produce the "Digitized Sky
      Survey" (DSS).

      When I first looked at this image, I figured there
      might be a dozen or so 'faint fuzzies', or galaxies.
      Little did I know! I was able to track down and
      identify 116 galaxies, with another suspected 16 or so
      that I have been unable to identify so far:

      http://www.flemingastrophotography.com/m3dss.html

      I hope you enjoy!

      ...Neil

      www.flemingastrophotography.com
    • Michael Sherick

        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2007
          Thanks, Mike. Glad you liked. It was an interesting
          project <g>.

          ...Neil