Using filters in serial combinations?

  • brian_clever
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 3:02 PM
      Hello all. When using a color filter wheel (e.g. STL-11000 with
      Astrodon filters) is anyone also using some kind of light pollution
      filter at the same time someplace else in the image train?

      Regards,
      Brian C.
    • Donal
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 2:02 AM
        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "brian_clever" <brian_clever@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all. When using a color filter wheel (e.g. STL-11000 with
        > Astrodon filters) is anyone also using some kind of light pollution
        > filter at the same time someplace else in the image train?

        I have two filters that I use along with my colour filter wheel. One
        is the Hutech LPS, and the other is the Hutech NBN. The NBN is great
        for nebular work, and for bringing out H alpha regions in galaxies.
        It is also useful when the moon is bright.

        Regards

        Donal