IC443

  • Stephane
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
      After a few months of not imaging, I finally went out last night and
      captured moon and nebula photons - IC443. I am located in Ohio so the
      sky is far from great.

      You can see the result (small and large version) using the below link

      http://www.stonecreekobservatory.com/Nebula/IC443/index.html

      Processing:
      CCDStack basic calibration (dark, flat)
      CCDStack hot pixel removal
      CCDStack bloom removal
      CCDStack Register/Combine
      CCDStack very small deconvolution (positive constraint, 13 iterations)
      Save as IEEE 32 bit floating point
      MaximDL DDP (backgronund 2000 ADU, Mid level 4000 ADU)
      Save as tif
      CS2 2 iteration of level/curves
      CS2 apply minimum + highpass filter
      CS2 removed background noise using an inverted mask
      CS2 clean up

      I forgot to normalize the background, so you can notice a small non-
      uniform background in one of the corner

      Comments/Suggestions are always welcome.

      Stephane
    • brian_clever
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
        Nice work, and a very nice website too!

        Regards,
        Brian C.

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stephane" <stephanemurphy@...>

      • jmize@svic.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
          Stephan I see you did the same positioning I used. Just wait until you shoot your Green channel. Althugh that star in mine was
          9arc.mins outside the frame it still produced a large green light scatter halo. It was difficult getting rid of it, I had to get
          almost down the the pixel level to clean it all up. You image shouls be quite nice when yo're donw...joe :)

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Gerhard Bachmayer
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
            This weekend I finished my last classical winter object, the 'Medusa Nebula' in Gemini.

            I assembled two version, an overview in Ha-OIII-RGB:
            http://www.pbase.com/gbachmayer/image/111790710/original

            And a close-up of the supernova remnent in SII-Ha_OIII:
            http://www.pbase.com/gbachmayer/image/111790711/original

            Best regards,
            Gerhard
          • marcjousset
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2009
              Hi Gerhard,

              Really nice job. Very sharp and beautiful colors.

              Great.

              Marc

              http://www.astrosurf.com/jousset

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Gerhard Bachmayer" <gerhard.bachmayer@...> wrote:

              > This weekend I finished my last classical winter object, the 'Medusa Nebula' in Gemini.
              >
              > I assembled two version, an overview in Ha-OIII-RGB:
              > http://www.pbase.com/gbachmayer/image/111790710/original
              >
              > And a close-up of the supernova remnent in SII-Ha_OIII:
              > http://www.pbase.com/gbachmayer/image/111790711/original
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Gerhard

            • Gerhard Bachmayer
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
                Marc,

                Thank you very much for the nice comment :-)

                Gerhard