New image : M42 with narrowband

  • nicolas outters
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hello all,

      This is a much more difficult process image than before I did ! M42 has some
      different nivels and the technic of layers was a good exercice for me.
      I have some late on my process and so the images were done since december 06
      !

      I did two series : 1 mn subexposures for heart of Orion and 10 mn
      subexposure for extensions.

      Object :m42 and ngc 1977
      Common name :Orion nebulae and running man
      Date : 13-14-27 décember 2006
      Time : 22 h
      Optics : Lunette TEC140
      Mount : Paramount ME
      Location : Orange Observatory
      Seeing : middle
      Ccd : Finger Lake Instrument IMG6303e
      filter wheel : Cfw7
      filters : Astrodon 2" SII Ha OIII 6 nm
      Flat field : FF from TEC
      Focuser :Robofocus et focusmax
      Temp. out : 0°
      Temp ccd : -35°
      Total exposure :17 h 17
      Lum : mixed with S2/Ha/O3 en mode incrustation
      S2 : 29 x 10 mn + 6 x 1mn
      Ha : 28 x 10 mn + 5 x 1mn
      o3 : 15 x 10 mn + 6 x 1mn

      version 50%

      http://astrosurf.com/nico-outters/images%20site%20astro/m42-600-60-blend-rgb20-50.jpg

      version 100%

      http://astrosurf.com/nico-outters/images%20site%20astro/m42-600-60-blend-rgb20.jpg

      You can see a NB version and a flash animation of 3 different filters

      http://astrosurf.com/nico-outters/astro/nebuleuse%20d%20orion%20filtres.htm

      This image have something of special, I hope you will appreciate it !

      Nicolas Outters
      http://www.astrosurf.com/nico-outters/astro/index.html
    • lindquist_tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        Beautiful! Interesting! I like the way that you show the separate
        channels on your webpage. This makes it easier to understand a
        unique, memorable image like this is. Thanks for posting.

        ---Tom

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "nicolas outters"