Re: [ccd-newastro] Time Shift ??

  • mandellgl
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1 1:47 AM
      Friends:

      My understanding is that TheSky6 will have a Hot Fix release to deal
      with the DST issue. I believe the version will be 6.0.0.53.

      I did not make any adjustments to my computer running WindowsXP
      (other than keeping up with automatic updates from Microsoft) but
      when I looked forward in time by clicking on the time on the task
      bar, the calendar was already adjusted to the change in DSL in March
      and Nov.

      Gordon Mandell
      Pittsburgh USA

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Photon Collector"
      <photoncollector@...> wrote:

      > Good thing I save my batteries and bottles water! Is bottled water
      still good after 7 years? *-)

      > ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

      Shift ??

      > > DDW will not sync automatically to the PC Date and Time. You
      will need
      > > to go into the "Configuration" settings and un-check Daylight
      Saving
      > > Time.
      > >
      > > Mike

      > > --
      > >
      > > Rick Wiggins <rickwiggins@...> wrote:
      > > Hi gentlemen,
      > > Has anyone determined all the ramifications of the new time
      change
      > > (March 11) vs. the old daylight savings time change and how
      that all
      > > relates to all our automated equipment and software?
      > >
      > > Here are some things I am beginning to ponder:
      > > 1. AP mount - DST can be manually turned on and off so it is a
      matter
      > > of remembering to turn on on MArch 11 th.
      > > 2. TheSky Software - I believe I have mine set to take time
      from the
      > > PC, but I am not sure the best approach here yet.
      > > 3. PC - Well, I don't know what my variosu PCs will do.
      > > 4. CCDSoft, and image acqusition programs - I don't know, but
      the
      > > worst that probably happens is the time is incorrectly logged
      (I think)
      > > 5. Dome controllers (for me DDW) - I will be looking in the
      manual,
      > > but I am guessing that it syncs time with the PC.
      > > Many more...
      > >
      > > I think it boils down to this.
      > > A) Programs that are set manually will be fine as long as we
      remember
      > > to set them - No different from any other year
      > > B) Programs that sync to PC will follow whatever the PC does
      (TBD)
      > > C) Programs that have automated DST functions may not set
      themselves
      > > correctly on March 11th requiring us to manually change them to
      match
      > > DST. Then they will probably reset themselves again on the
      previous
      > > DST date (I think April 1st). Could be a nasty April Fool's
      joke!

      > > If you have already figured it all out, want to post other
      possible
      > > isues, etc. ...Please respond.
      > > Thanks, Rick

    • Rob Marceau
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1 4:16 PM
        Hi all,

        If you are suing a Windows based PC, here is a link for reading up on and
        downloading Microsoft�s patch which will make sure that your PC�s clock is
        updated correctly:

        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/en-us

        If you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update regularly, you may already
        have this patch.

        This may not solve DST problems for all applications, but it will ensure
        that the Current Time they are getting from the PC�s clock is correct.

        This one looks like it might be more fun than Y2K was.

        Hope this helps.

        Rob Marceau

        _____

        DDW will not sync automatically to the PC Date and Time. You will need to go
        into the "Configuration" settings and un-check Daylight Saving Time.

        Rick Wiggins <HYPERLINK
        "mailto:rickwiggins%40earthlink.net"rickwiggins@-earthlink.-net> wrote:
[...]

        4:09 PM

      • Neil Fleming
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1 7:34 PM
          Yes, we'd all like to be "suing" Microsoft <g>.

          Thanks for the note, Rob.

          ...Neil

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/N_XolB/TM

          www.flemingastrophotography.com