A sad update regarding Rich Fleming

  • Richard Fleming
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      After battling multiple myeloma since May of this year, Rich Fleming died peacefully on November 30.

      http://www.peabodyfuneralhome.com/Obituaries.htm

      One of my saddest regrets for him is that he will never get the equipment upgrade that he had planned for this spring. His labor of love during his illness while he could not get out to his observatory was in planning the optimal next system. He was a detail guy and had list upon list of alternatives widgets and gizmos (or that is what they looked like to me his non astronomy wife. And he loved all of the discussions on this group.

      As you folks go forth to gaze at the heavens, also please remember to cherish the family and friends that surround you and look always for the enormous good that is out there in the universe.

      Regards to all.

      Kathleen Fleming
      tiptreegirl@...

    • Neil Fleming
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        Deepest condolences for your loss.

        ...Neil

        --- Richard Fleming <rpf12@...> wrote:

        > After battling multiple myeloma since May of this
        > year, Rich Fleming died peacefully on November 30.
        >
        > http://www.peabodyfuneralhome.com/Obituaries.htm
        >
        > One of my saddest regrets for him is that he will
        > never get the equipment upgrade that he had planned
        > for this spring. His labor of love during his
        > illness while he could not get out to his
        > observatory was in planning the optimal next system.
        > He was a detail guy and had list upon list of
        > alternatives widgets and gizmos (or that is what
        > they looked like to me his non astronomy wife. And
        > he loved all of the discussions on this group.
        >
        > As you folks go forth to gaze at the heavens, also
        > please remember to cherish the family and friends
        > that surround you and look always for the enormous
        > good that is out there in the universe.
        >
        > Regards to all.
        >
        > Kathleen Fleming
        > tiptreegirl@...

        > removed]

        www.flemingastrophotography.com
      • coyote+rim+ranch
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          We are most sorry for your loss. Star Shadow Remote Observatory

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Fleming" <rpf12@...> wrote:

          > After battling multiple myeloma since May of this year, Rich Fleming
          died peacefully on November 30.

          > http://www.peabodyfuneralhome.com/Obituaries.htm
          >
          > One of my saddest regrets for him is that he will never get the
          equipment upgrade that he had planned for this spring. His labor of
          love during his illness while he could not get out to his observatory
          was in planning the optimal next system. He was a detail guy and had
          list upon list of alternatives widgets and gizmos (or that is what
          they looked like to me his non astronomy wife. And he loved all of the
          discussions on this group.

          > As you folks go forth to gaze at the heavens, also please remember
          to cherish the family and friends that surround you and look always
          for the enormous good that is out there in the universe.

          > Regards to all.
          >
          > Kathleen Fleming
          > tiptreegirl@...

        • guidoretiig
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
            Deepest condolences from Germany for your loss.
            Guido Rettig