RE: [ccd-newastro] Optec, gone?

  • FocusKnobs
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
      I don't know about the Yahoo group or e-mails, but the website is alive
      and well at www.optecinc.com

      Lou

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        Try: http://optecinc.com/
        He also talks on the phone.
        HTH
        Dave

        Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered any questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that e-mails are ignored.

        ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

      • Jonathan Burnett
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          And he quickly responds to email messages too!

          Jonathan
          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@...>
          wrote:

          > Try: http://optecinc.com/
          > He also talks on the phone.
          > HTH
          > Dave

        • Photon Collector
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
            Ok, sorry for the confusion. The website is running again.

            ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

            wrote:

            > Try: http://optecinc.com/
            > He also talks on the phone.
            > HTH
            > Dave

          • Douglas B. George
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
              Photon Collector wrote:
              > Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered any
              > questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that e-mails are
              > ignored.

              Don't jump to conclusions. A few years ago our local phone provider (Bell
              Canada) screwed up the transfer of our phone lines when we moved the office.
              For several days they gave our customers a "there is no service for the number
              you have dialed" message! There were a flurry of messages on the internet
              boards wondering if we had gone out of business. Of course we were alive and
              well and quite furious with the phone company.

              Internet service providers are FAR less reliable than the phone system, trust
              me. Try contacting them some other way... telephone perhaps?.

              Doug

              -----------------------------------

              Doug George
              dgeorge@...