Optec, gone?

  • Photon Collector
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
      Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered any questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that e-mails are ignored.

      ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

    • FocusKnobs
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        I don't know about the Yahoo group or e-mails, but the website is alive
        and well at www.optecinc.com

        Lou

        Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered
        any questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that
        e-mails are ignored.

        ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dave Bailey
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          Try: http://optecinc.com/
          He also talks on the phone.
          HTH
          Dave

          Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered any questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that e-mails are ignored.

          ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

        • Jonathan Burnett
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
            And he quickly responds to email messages too!

            Jonathan
            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@...>
            wrote:

            > Try: http://optecinc.com/
            > He also talks on the phone.
            > HTH
            > Dave

          • Photon Collector
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
              Ok, sorry for the confusion. The website is running again.

              ---Frank Rocketman Uroda

              wrote:

              > Try: http://optecinc.com/
              > He also talks on the phone.
              > HTH
              > Dave

            • Douglas B. George
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
                Photon Collector wrote:
                > Is Optec out of business? Their website is gone, Jerry hasn't answered any
                > questions on his Yahoo group since June, and people report that e-mails are
                > ignored.

                Don't jump to conclusions. A few years ago our local phone provider (Bell
                Canada) screwed up the transfer of our phone lines when we moved the office.
                For several days they gave our customers a "there is no service for the number
                you have dialed" message! There were a flurry of messages on the internet
                boards wondering if we had gone out of business. Of course we were alive and
                well and quite furious with the phone company.

                Internet service providers are FAR less reliable than the phone system, trust
                me. Try contacting them some other way... telephone perhaps?.

                Doug

                -----------------------------------

                Doug George
                dgeorge@...