PDF or Printable Version?

  • mikev@virtechsolutions.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2000
      Ron,

      Do you have a PDF or printable version of the completed chapters for
      subscribers? Most of my reading time is during my daily commute on
      the train. This would be most helpful if it were available.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2000
        This has come up before. Basically, in order to provide an online version of
        a printed book, you have to decide where to draw the line in terms of folks
        printing out the online information. As the site is currently set up,
        someone who is very determined to print out the pages can do so, and avoid
        paying me for my book. But I am spending an enormous amount of time to write
        the content, so it doesn't make sense to provide an easily printed version
        online for free.

        I would consider making a printable version of the current online content
        available to anyone who pays for the book in advance, however; if enough
        folks are interested in that alternative, I will put some time into it and
        make it available. As things stand now, anyone who buys the book will not be
        charged for it until it actually ship late this year.

        If anyone else is interested in having a printable online version of the
        book available for those who purchase the print version, please post a
        message in this egroup, or send me email.

        Ron Wodaski
        The New Astronomy Book Site - http://www.newastro.com