NGC896 HRGB

  • Paulo Bénard Guedes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3 7:10 AM
      Hi all:

      Yesterday I did another H-alpha RGB image, this time of NGC896 a nebula
      in the northern part of the Heart Nebula.

      I am happy with this one. Details of setup and processing are below, as
      always there's a link for the Luminance and for the H-alpha (HR) GB

      Televue NP101 capturing with an ATIK16HR
      Televue TV85 Guiding with an ATIK1HS
      Losmandy G11 mount
      6nm H-alpha Astronomik filter
      RGB Astronomik filter Set

      Exposure Times:

      H-alpha - 11X20 minutes (total of 3 Hours and 40 minutes)
      R and G - 6X5 minutes
      B - 6X6 minutes

      The H-alpha and RGB were Log Streched in Maxim
      The H-alpha was combined with the Red Color using Lighten mode.
      H-alpha was also used as Luminance
      A minimum filter was used to reduce the halos on the RGB image followed
      by a fade of 70%
      The luminance Corrected Cannistra method was also applyed using a
      opacity of 20%

      The results:

      Luminance:
      http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896.jpg

      H-alpha (HR) GB:
      http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896hrgb.jpg

      I hope you like it

      Coments and suggestions are welcome

      Cheers
      Paulo
    • Bud
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3 7:09 PM
        Paulo,

        This is really a beautifully done pic.....I like the color combine is
        really very nice.....but the grey scale really stands very nicely on
        its own. Beautiful work,

        bud
        http://www.budguinn.com

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Bénard Guedes
        <paulobguedes@...> wrote:

        > Hi all:
        >
        > Yesterday I did another H-alpha RGB image, this time of NGC896 a
        nebula
        > in the northern part of the Heart Nebula.
        >
        > I am happy with this one. Details of setup and processing are below, as
        > always there's a link for the Luminance and for the H-alpha (HR) GB
        >
        > Televue NP101 capturing with an ATIK16HR
        > Televue TV85 Guiding with an ATIK1HS
        > Losmandy G11 mount
        > 6nm H-alpha Astronomik filter
        > RGB Astronomik filter Set
        >
        > Exposure Times:
        >
        > H-alpha - 11X20 minutes (total of 3 Hours and 40 minutes)
        > R and G - 6X5 minutes
        > B - 6X6 minutes
        >
        > The H-alpha and RGB were Log Streched in Maxim
        > The H-alpha was combined with the Red Color using Lighten mode.
        > H-alpha was also used as Luminance
        > A minimum filter was used to reduce the halos on the RGB image followed
        > by a fade of 70%
        > The luminance Corrected Cannistra method was also applyed using a
        > opacity of 20%
        >
        > The results:
        >
        > Luminance:
        > http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896.jpg
        >
        > H-alpha (HR) GB:
        > http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896hrgb.jpg
        >
        > I hope you like it
        >
        > Coments and suggestions are welcome
        >
        > Cheers
        > Paulo

      • Randy Nulman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 8:02 PM
          Very nice!!

          Randy Nulman
          http://www.nulman.darkhorizons.org

          <paulobguedes@...> wrote:

          > Hi all:
          >
          > Yesterday I did another H-alpha RGB image, this time of NGC896 a
          nebula
          > in the northern part of the Heart Nebula.
          >
          > I am happy with this one. Details of setup and processing are
          below, as
          > always there's a link for the Luminance and for the H-alpha (HR) GB
          >
          > Televue NP101 capturing with an ATIK16HR
          > Televue TV85 Guiding with an ATIK1HS
          > Losmandy G11 mount
          > 6nm H-alpha Astronomik filter
          > RGB Astronomik filter Set
          >
          > Exposure Times:
          >
          > H-alpha - 11X20 minutes (total of 3 Hours and 40 minutes)
          > R and G - 6X5 minutes
          > B - 6X6 minutes
          >
          > The H-alpha and RGB were Log Streched in Maxim
          > The H-alpha was combined with the Red Color using Lighten mode.
          > H-alpha was also used as Luminance
          > A minimum filter was used to reduce the halos on the RGB image
          followed
          > by a fade of 70%
          > The luminance Corrected Cannistra method was also applyed using a
          > opacity of 20%
          >
          > The results:
          >
          > Luminance:
          > http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896.jpg
          >
          > H-alpha (HR) GB:
          > http://astrosurf.com/paulobg/dso/ngc896hrgb.jpg
          >
          > I hope you like it
          >
          > Coments and suggestions are welcome
          >
          > Cheers
          > Paulo

        • Paulo Bénard Guedes
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4 5:14 AM
            Hi:

            Thanks Randy and Bud for the nice coments. I agree with you Bud, the H-
            alpha B&W gives in my opinion a more pleasing view, I really like this
            h-alpha shots in pure H-alpha with no colors involved.

            But processing the RGB is very nice and challenging.

            Cheers
            Paulo