Newtonians for imaging

  • Roth Ritter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3 10:19 AM
      What are some of the better Newtonian options out there right now
      that are suited for CCD imaging? I'm thinking maybe in the 10"-16"
      aperture range operating at around f/4 - f/8. Doesn't have to match
      those figures verbatim, but I'm guessing it's limited to custom
      builds or small companies. Thanks -

      --

      Roth Ritter / Astrophotography
      Santa Fe, NM: http://www.rothritter.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3 11:42 AM
        Hi Roth,
        here is the result of my trade off (CCD, focal length, aperture,
        stability (wind), image scale):

        http:/www.luluobservatorium.de

        Please cklick on equipment.

        Best regards and good luck
        Guido

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Roth Ritter <orbital@...> wrote:

        > What are some of the better Newtonian options out there right now
        > that are suited for CCD imaging? I'm thinking maybe in the 10"-
        16"
        > aperture range operating at around f/4 - f/8. Doesn't have to
        match
        > those figures verbatim, but I'm guessing it's limited to custom
        > builds or small companies. Thanks -
        >

        > --
        >
        > Roth Ritter / Astrophotography
        > Santa Fe, NM: http://www.rothritter.com

      • Neil Fleming
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3 1:54 PM
          Hi there, Roth. This one seems to be very good. I
          believe I saw an excellent picture taken with it:

          http://www.dbaastronomy.com/DBA%20Certified%20DSO's.htm

          These are very much top notch:

          http://www.astrosysteme.at/ikreator/asa/cms_pub/content_6-en.html

          ...Neil

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3 4:31 PM
            Thanks Neil, I'll take a look at those -

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3 4:37 PM
              That's a terrific looking newtonian. I located the AOM site, but I'll
              have to try and find my way through the German copy. Thanks for the
              tip -

              --

              Roth Ritter / Astrophotography
              Santa Fe, NM: http://www.rothritter.com
            • Wodaski - Yahoo
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3 5:48 PM
                Here is a link to a new line of carbon-fiber Newtonian scopes. Haven't seen
                one myself, but the design has some very nice features:

                http://www.dreamscopes.com/

                Ron Wodaski
                http://www.newastro.com <http://www.newastro.com/>

                _____

                What are some of the better Newtonian options out there right now
                that are suited for CCD imaging? I'm thinking maybe in the 10"-16"
                aperture range operating at around f/4 - f/8. Doesn't have to match
                those figures verbatim, but I'm guessing it's limited to custom
                builds or small companies. Thanks -

                --

                Roth Ritter / Astrophotography
                Santa Fe, NM: http://www.rothritt <http://www.rothritter.com> er.com

                http://www.eset.com

              • Roth Ritter
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 4 8:45 AM
                  Thanks Ron, those are amazing -

                  >Here is a link to a new line of carbon-fiber Newtonian scopes. Haven't seen
                  >one myself, but the design has some very nice features:
                  >
                  ><http://www.dreamscopes.com/>http://www.dreamscopes.com/
                  >

                  >Ron Wodaski
                  ><http://www.newastro.com>http://www.newastro.com
                  ><<http://www.newastro.com/>http://www.newastro.com/>
                  >
                  >_____

                  ><mailto:ccd-newastro%40yahoogroups.com>ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com

                • David B. Toth
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 6 11:05 AM
                    At 08:48 PM 7/3/2006, Wodaski - Yahoo wrote:
                    >Here is a link to a new line of carbon-fiber Newtonian scopes. Haven't seen
                    >one myself, but the design has some very nice features:
                    >
                    >http://www.dreamscopes.com/

                    They had one at NEAF ... interesting design.

                    Dave
                  • connomj39060
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 6 11:56 AM
                      I will let you know how well it works when I get mine.

                      Mike Connors