Automapper error message

  • looksatstars2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2006
      Hi All,

      It has been a while since I used Automapper. The computer in the
      observatory had to be replaced and after installing The Sky6,
      CCDSoft, TPoint all with the latest updates I am getting an error
      message using Automapper. I believe that it was #429 regarding
      AcitveX and could not create the object. There was also "slew
      failure" listed. I would have written down the exact words, but it
      went blue screen before I could get the paper and pencil out. I
      also had other problems using The Sky with the ME--the message "not
      homed" would come up. Upon some reflection I thought that this
      might be due to the McAfee security program, specifically the
      firewall component. It turns on with bootup and I have to turn it
      off manually to use remote desktop with the house computer. I am
      sure that I have all of the settings correct in Automapper including
      the north angle and the defaults set correctly for CCDSoft and The
      Sky6. I am able to image link easily manually using a 20 second
      shot through the ST8XE with CCDSoft. Automapper slews the scope to
      each point on the list, pauses so that I can adjust the dome and
      prompts me to take the exposure, I click yes, then I see the message
      and it slews to the next position. No exposures are taken and of
      course no image link follows. Does anyone have an idea of where I
      have gone off track? Any help would be most appreciated.

      Best regards,

      Andrew Weiner
    • looksatstars2
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
        Thanks for your reply Ron. I will recheck everything. I have the
        latest versions of all programs. I am fairly certain that the server
        settings are correct. But I do not recall setting Automapper to
        interact with The Sky6. I do recall having CCDSoft set to interact
        with Sky6. As the work day takes its toll on my night time
        consciousness, it will probably be Thursday before I can check things
        again and try a mapping run.

        Best regards,

        Andrew
      • pcirullo
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
          Ron,

          What is Slewing error 21013 in Automapper II? I am running a new
          TPoint model on my Paramount after some hardware changes and I keep
          seeing this in the left pane of Automapper. I get a good model, but
          this error keeps coming up and it just moves on to the next point.

          Thanks,

          Pat Cirullo
        • Wodaski - Yahoo
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
            Haven't seen that one before. The first thing to always check is that
            you are using latest version of all programs, just in case.

            It might help to see the logs. The default folder location is at:

            C:\Documents and Settings\ronw\Application Data\Automapper

            This may vary if you installed Windows on other than the C: drive.

            Ron Wodaski

            pcirullo wrote:
            > Ron,
            >
            > What is Slewing error 21013 in Automapper II? I am running a new
            > TPoint model on my Paramount after some hardware changes and I keep
            > seeing this in the left pane of Automapper. I get a good model, but
            > this error keeps coming up and it just moves on to the next point.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Pat Cirullo
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            New Astronomy Press