Identifying sky location

  • Jim Cadien
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006
      I images from an st7, that are about 1.1"/pixel. They were taken with a
      telescope on a stationary stand. I do not konw well where the thing is
      pointing. I can not see the north pole from the location. The image might
      be anywhere in a 200 square degree area.
      Does anynoe know of an easy way to locate the objects in the images(ie ra
      and dec). I do not want to wade through 200(or more) 1 deg square dss
      images trying to visually match the object patterns.

      Thanks,

      Jim