NGC4567-4568

  • Ken Crawford
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Hello,

      Another galaxy shot of an amazing area of colliding galaxies. I was getting raw FWHM of 1.8" for the first two hours of exposure and it worked it's way up to 2.7". I threw out anything above 2.2" and ended up with a 1.9" arc/pix. I was amazed at the detail difference between the 1.8" and the 2.7" stuff. The little spiral galaxy in 4567 halo showed spiral detail at 1.8 but none at 2.7.

      I added 90 minutes of binned color per channel the next night with good seeing also.

      I pushed the color to be a bit on the strong side and you need to see the full size version to see the color separation. You can also note many other small galaxies in the FOV

      It is interesting to see the reddening and color difference towards the cores.....

      http://www.rdelsol.com/Galaxy/NGC4567_4568.html

      As always, thanks for looking and for any suggestions or comments...

      Regards,

      Ken Crawford
      www.rdelsol.com