Re: Newbie question -- focus issues with NP-101 and ST2kXM

  • Bud
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      Exact same setup, only SX cameras.....I need an extension using the
      2"....or it comes into focus with the .82 reducer.

      bud guinn
      http://www.budguinn.com

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "mstr2jlwr" <dave@...> wrote:

      > Gentlebeings,
      >
      > I've thrown this one out in the SBIG group as well, but I would try
      > here as well.
      >
      > gear: NP-101, ST2KXM w/astrodon filters, CGE
      > question: is it possible to reach prime focus on the stock focuser
      > with the aforementioned gear.
      >
      > situation: I can't quite seem to reach focus ... the farther out I go,
      > the better it gets, but I just can't get there. I tried it with the
      > diagonal in place as well, just for grins, but no joy there either.
      >
      > any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > clear skies,
      > Dave

    • mstr2jlwr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        Bud, Roger, Ron,

        My thanks for the replies, I've ordered a 2" and a 3.5" extension from
        TeleVue. Hopefully, in the not too distant future I'll go from being
        a lurker to posting a link to my first feeble attempt at imaging.

        clear skies,
        Dave