built-in IR blocking

  • rolf
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      > http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/app_notes.htm

      Hello,

      On the above mentioned page you can read:

      0.67 without any filters in path
      0.63 with older filters and seperate 2mm IR Blocker (3mm total glass)
      0.66 with new filters with built-in IR blocking (1mm total glass)

      What does this IR-Block mean? Has this cover-glass an ir-filter?

      Rolf
    • rolf
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        The point in my question is, most color filters come with
        ir-coating.
        Does the build-in ir mean I am using the ir-block twice?