Sharpless 2-240

  • Dennis Persyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15 9:42 AM
      Sh2-240 is a three-degree wide emission nebula in Taurus. It reminds
      me of the Veil with its beautiful filamentary structure. I captured
      a small chunk of it in a four-hour H-a exposure.

      Takahashi E-160 astrograph @ f/3.3
      4 hours in 15 minuted guided subframes via an Astrodon 6 nm H-a
      filter
      AP1200GTO mount
      SXV-H9 camera
      Acquired in AA3; Processed in ImagesPlus

      My image and accompanying finder frames are at
      http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

      Clear skies,

      Dennis Persyk
      Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
      Hampshire, IL

      New Images http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm
    • Neil Fleming
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15 9:48 AM
        Great shot, Dennis!

        ...Neil

        >From: "Dennis Persyk" <dpersyk@...>
        >To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ccd-newastro] Sharpless 2-240
        >Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:42:05 -0000
        >
        >Sh2-240 is a three-degree wide emission nebula in Taurus. It reminds
        >me of the Veil with its beautiful filamentary structure. I captured
        >a small chunk of it in a four-hour H-a exposure.
        >
        >Takahashi E-160 astrograph @ f/3.3
        >4 hours in 15 minuted guided subframes via an Astrodon 6 nm H-a
        >filter
        >AP1200GTO mount
        >SXV-H9 camera
        >Acquired in AA3; Processed in ImagesPlus
        >
        >My image and accompanying finder frames are at
        >http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm
        >
        >Clear skies,
        >
        >Dennis Persyk
        >Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
        >Hampshire, IL
        >
        >New Images http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

      • Michael Sherick
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15 12:04 PM
          Looks like you captured some nice detail of this very faint object. Interesting image Dennis with great star profiles.

          Here is a detail of the same region I took recently that might be fun to look at.
          http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/NB/Sh2-240-detail-B.jpg

          BTW -- Nice RV6A! We now have about 80 hours on our newly painted Turbine Legend. http://www.imagingtheheavens.com/TL/tl.html

          Dennis Persyk <dpersyk@...> wrote:
          Sh2-240 is a three-degree wide emission nebula in Taurus. It reminds
          me of the Veil with its beautiful filamentary structure. I captured
          a small chunk of it in a four-hour H-a exposure.

          Takahashi E-160 astrograph @ f/3.3
          4 hours in 15 minuted guided subframes via an Astrodon 6 nm H-a
          filter
          AP1200GTO mount
          SXV-H9 camera
          Acquired in AA3; Processed in ImagesPlus

          My image and accompanying finder frames are at
          http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

          Clear skies,

          Dennis Persyk
          Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
          Hampshire, IL

          New Images http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

          Ccd camera Astronomy magazine Digital ccd camera Astronomy telescope Color ccd camera Ccd astronomy

        • nicolas outters
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15 11:37 PM
            Dennis,

            Nice shot on a very deep region.