Re: My 1st shared images - HH and Saturn

  • Andy Schlei
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2006
      Steve,

      > Horsehead with ST-10XME:
      > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/nebula_horsehead.htm
      >
      > Saturn with webcam:
      > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/SS_saturn.htm

      Both images are very nice. IMHO the color is excellent and the
      processing brings out the details without over processing.

      With the C-11, are you using any focal reduction? How are you guiding
      and on what mount? It could have missed it but I didn't see that on
      the links.

      I am about to try f10 imaging, with all its challenges of guiding, so
      I am interested to see the setup that led to such good results.

      Thanks,

      --Andy
      http://www.obsballona.org/
    • Steve Riley
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
        Andy,

        I have the mount and other details on the rest of my web page:
        http://www.arcturussoftware.com/astro.htm

        It's an MI-250 mount, and I wasn't using any reduction on this
        image, although I do have a focal reducer. Right now I am guiding
        with CCDSoft and the built in autoguider in the ST-10XME.

        Steve Riley

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Schlei"
        <andy_schlei@y...> wrote:

        > Steve,
        >
        > > Horsehead with ST-10XME:
        > > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/nebula_horsehead.htm
        > >
        > > Saturn with webcam:
        > > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/SS_saturn.htm
        >
        > Both images are very nice. IMHO the color is excellent and the
        > processing brings out the details without over processing.
        >
        > With the C-11, are you using any focal reduction? How are you
        guiding
        > and on what mount? It could have missed it but I didn't see that
        on
        > the links.
        >
        > I am about to try f10 imaging, with all its challenges of guiding,
        so
        > I am interested to see the setup that led to such good results.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > --Andy
        > http://www.obsballona.org/

      • Rick Wiggins
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hi Steve,
          You have provided us with an exellent palette of images. Both are
          exellent. The Saturn is very impressive. From my perspective you are
          doing excellent work! Please post more.
          Rick

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Riley" <seriley@p...>
          wrote:

          > I've been imaging since summer 2005, and these last two images
          > turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share my first images on
          > the group.
          >
          > Please let me know what you think, all constructive feedback is
          > welcome.
          >
          > Horsehead with ST-10XME:
          > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/nebula_horsehead.htm
          >
          > Saturn with webcam:
          > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/SS_saturn.htm
          >
          > Details of each photo are included on each web page.
          >
          > It sure is a lot of fun imaging, I just wish I had some more clear
          > nights during the winter. I guess that's a common thought!
          >
          > Steve Riley
          > Buena Vista Observatory
          > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/astro.htm

        • jan Borms
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
            hi all and Steve,

            Steve, if got just one word for your pictures:
            super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm as long as you imaging but didn't
            reached the level you have! I'm hard working at my mount and have bought me
            a second DSI-camera for using it as guid. Because my mount haven't
            LX200-features have i bought also an LX200-emulator.So, next week i've got
            autoguiding on my mount and hope that my images getting better.

            greetings and go on with the good work,

            Jan Borms

            PS: be free to visit my site at: http://users.telenet.be/dsi-astronomy/

            PPS: for anyone of this yahoogroup: If you like would i place your link on
            my page.You just need to send me your link by mail. You're also free to
            place my link on your site too.

            Cya,

            Jan borms

            On 2/1/06, Rick Wiggins <rickwiggins@...> wrote:

            > Hi Steve,
            > You have provided us with an exellent palette of images. Both are
            > exellent. The Saturn is very impressive. From my perspective you are
            > doing excellent work! Please post more.
            > Rick
            >
            > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Riley" <seriley@p...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I've been imaging since summer 2005, and these last two images
            > > turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share my first images on
            > > the group.
            > >
            > > Please let me know what you think, all constructive feedback is
            > > welcome.
            > >
            > > Horsehead with ST-10XME:
            > > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/nebula_horsehead.htm
            > >
            > > Saturn with webcam:
            > > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/SS_saturn.htm
            > >
            > > Details of each photo are included on each web page.
            > >
            > > It sure is a lot of fun imaging, I just wish I had some more clear
            > > nights during the winter. I guess that's a common thought!
            > >
            > > Steve Riley
            > > Buena Vista Observatory
            > > http://www.arcturussoftware.com/astro.htm

          • JB
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
              great shots, Steve! And a nice website, too. You should highlight a couple
              more from your website (e.g. M82) - there are some really great shots
              you've taken especially considering how long (not) you've been imaging....
              keep 'em coming!
              JB

              I've been imaging since summer 2005, and these last two images
              turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share my first images on
              the group.

              Please let me know what you think, all constructive feedback is
              welcome.

              Horsehead with ST-10XME:
              http://www.arcturussoftware.com/nebula_horsehead.htm

              Saturn with webcam:
              http://www.arcturussoftware.com/SS_saturn.htm

              Details of each photo are included on each web page.

              It sure is a lot of fun imaging, I just wish I had some more clear
              nights during the winter. I guess that's a common thought!

              Steve Riley
              Buena Vista Observatory
              http://www.arcturussoftware.com/astro.htm

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "ccd-newastro
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccd-newastro> " on the web.

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              _____

            • coreybazsi777
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
                Hey!

                I plan to travel to Transylvania, and I want to make astrophotos
                there. it gets really really cold there at night, but sky conditions
                are better than on Texas ranches where I have been. Black sky!
                Any way I have only a Canon 350D (IR filter removed) but I dont know
                how its going to behave in temperatures like -25C.
                I just wonder if any of you have information about it... I tried to
                gather information at the digital astro list, but I wasnt really
                succesfull.
                I can overcome on the problemn of condensation, but I dont know if
                this temperature is harsh for the electronics or not...

                clear skies
                corey
              • Steve Riley
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. I look forward to
                  posting more - especially if the clouds will go away and I can take
                  some more!

                  Jan - good luck with your setup!

                  JB mentioned my M82 picture, I won't start a new thread for that
                  one, but here's the link:
                  http://www.arcturussoftware.com/galaxy_m82.htm

                  Steve Riley
                  Buena Vista Observatory