Re: The Advanced Imaging Conference - and the East Coast Conference on Astronom

  • galaxyimages1
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
      Please select the link below to see my answer:

      http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html

      Steve

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper" <coopersx@c...> wrote:

      > Please select the link below to view my question concerning the AIC
      > East:
      >
      > http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm
      >
      > Sincerely, Wayne
      >

      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1" <smandel@m...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Warren:
      > >
      > > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East Coast
      > version.
      > >
      > > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
      > this,
      > > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
      > families,
      > > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
      > > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San Jose
      > or
      > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet to
      > get
      > > around in. ;-))
      > >
      > > Steve
      > >

      > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
      > <warhen@z...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear Guys,
      > > > It's not within my means to travel to the left coast.
      > I'm
      > > > a drivable 5 hours from NYC. I was able to do Ron's workshop at
      > > > NEAF, but would love an AIC-type conference in the east. I wish
      > you
      > > > could have put out a poll on a few lists to see how many midwest
      > > > right coasters there are that would have been interested.

> [...]
    • Randy Nulman
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
        Wayne,

        As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the same
        time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really made
        my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally appropriate
        to this.

        Regards,
        Randy Nulman

        wrote:

> [...]
        > or
        > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet
        > get
        > > around in. ;-))
        > >
        > > Steve
        > >

        > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
        > <warhen@z...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Dear Guys,
        > > > It's not within my means to travel to the left
        coast.
        > I'm
        > > > a drivable 5 hours from NYC. I was able to do Ron's workshop
        at
        > > > NEAF, but would love an AIC-type conference in the east. I
        wish
        > you
        > > > could have put out a poll on a few lists to see how many
        midwest
        > > > right coasters there are that would have been interested.

      • Dave Bailey
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
          Yeah, I start to giggle now just seeing his name, before I know what the
          message is.
          I lost his picture book of him and his extended family, I needed that to
          show my family his real picture <G>.
          Dave Bailey

> [...]
          > AIC
          >> East:
          >>
          >> http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm
          >>
          >> Sincerely, Wayne
          >>

          >> --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
          > <smandel@m...>
          >> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Warren:
          >> >
          >> > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East Coast
          >> version.
          >> >
          >> > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
          >> this,
          >> > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
          >> families,
          >> > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
          >> > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San
          > Jose
          >> or
          >> > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet

        • Randy Nulman
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
            Agreed about his "family picture album" <G>....

            Randy Nulman

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@q...>
            wrote:

            > Yeah, I start to giggle now just seeing his name, before I know
            what the
            > message is.
            > I lost his picture book of him and his extended family, I needed
            that to
            > show my family his real picture <G>.
            > Dave Bailey

          • jp922
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
              To:
              Wayne Cooper
              Steve Mandel
              Randy Nulman

              Warren Keller is a serious imager. Yes, he made a mistake posting
              the response he did, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule you people
              inflicted with your images and comments. Steve, your first response
              was appropriate for his mistake and it should have stopped there.

              Jack Patterson

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Nulman" <rj.nulman@v...>

              wrote:

              > Please select the link below to see my answer:
              >
              > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
              >
              > Steve
              >

              > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper" <coopersx@c...>
              wrote:

              > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning the
              AIC
              > > East:
              > >
              > > http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm
              > >
              > > Sincerely, Wayne
              > >

              > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
              <smandel@m...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Warren:
              > > >
              > > > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East
              Coast
              > > version.
              > > >
              > > > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
              > > this,
              > > > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
              > > families,
              > > > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
              > > > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San
              Jose
              > > or
              > > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet
              > > get
              > > > around in. ;-))
              > > >
              > > > Steve
              > > >

              > > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
              > > <warhen@z...>

              > > I'm
              > > you

              > > <smandel@m...>

              Conference
              > > on

              > > 2006.

              > > the
              East
              > > decided

              > > better
              Conference
              > > on
              > > organizers

              > > out
              > > for
              > > the
              > > that
              > > that
              > > unable
              > > the

              > > Imaging
              > > and

              > > will
              > > Coast
              > > East
              > > will
              > > for

            • Randy Nulman
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                Jack,
                First of all, I do not think that Warren's post or question was
                either a mistake or inappropriate. I think what you may not be
                aware of is Wayne Cooper's occassional "self-depricating"
                jokes...such as the one he posted here that wasn't really a response
                to the thread at all, he just used the thread to add in one of his
                jokes and it was to Wayne and his "joking" image of himself that
                Steve and I responded. Believe me that it had nothing to do with
                Warren's post which was pretty much over after Steve appropriately
                replied.

                Guess the problem with jokes is that if one is not familiar with the
                comic or his style, things can get mis-interpreted. I think that's
                what happened here and for that I apologize.

                Randy Nulman

                --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "jp922" <jackpatterson@c...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > Wayne,
                > >
                > > As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the
                > same
                > > time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really
                made
                > > my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally
                > appropriate
                > > to this.
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > > Randy Nulman
                > >

                > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                <smandel@m...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Please select the link below to see my answer:
                > >
                > > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
                > >
                > > Steve
                > >

                > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper"
                <coopersx@c...>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning

              • Wayne Cooper
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                  Hi Jp and sorry I just read your post. I never even picked up on
                  Warrens mistake and his comment had nothing to do with my post. I
                  was really wondering if both conferences would have the same geust
                  speakers. My thought is probably not. The good thing is I live ony
                  45 min from Philly so no doubt I will attend...and hopefully plan a
                  vacation to take advantage of the West Coast Conferenece. That is
                  most likely the bigger of the two. Sorry and no disrespect to
                  anyone.The image I posted seemed kind of fitting to the question I
                  asked (that guy had a somewhat confused look). I was just adding a
                  new twist to message posting...all in fun and good sport.

                  Take care, Wayne

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > >
                  > > Wayne,
                  > >
                  > > As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the
                  > same
                  > > time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really
                  made
                  > > my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally
                  > appropriate
                  > > to this.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Randy Nulman
                  > >

                  > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                  <smandel@m...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Please select the link below to see my answer:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
                  > >
                  > > Steve
                  > >

                  > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper"
                  <coopersx@c...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning

                • galaxyimages1
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                    Hi guys:

                    Yes, this was only fun and kidding around with each other. I thought
                    the "confused" picture was pretty funny and laughed - as i did at the
                    picture i posted of the baby crying - it was too cute to pass up. All
                    done in fun by both of us.

                    I do believe the East Coast conference will be a good one - and I know
                    the AIC in the West will be good too. ;-)) We are not "coordinating"
                    presenters so there will be a good spread of speakers from conference
                    to conference. Both will offer workshops, spearker sessions and
                    vendor booths. Go to one, go to both - have some fun, learn and enjoy.