Re: The Advanced Imaging Conference - and the East Coast Conference on Astronom

  • Nicolas
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello,

      Also for European folks, it would be great to be able to
      order a dvd of the event. It's so frustrating to not being
      able to attend such an event. I know that looking a DVD is
      not the same than attending the presentation, but it is far
      better than nothing.

      I would like also, to say 'A HUGE thanks' to Richard for
      having recording and posting his presentation.

      Merci beaucoup Richard !
      Nicolas
    • Steven Orlando
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hello Steve,

        Is there a link to the East Coast Imaging Conference?

        Steve
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
          I'll second the Motion for DVD's of the entire conference...joe :)

          "May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"

          Joe Mize: jmize@...
          StarFields Observatory http://www.cav-sfo.com
          Chiefland, FL 29:24'33.4"N 82:51'37.7"W
          Moon Phase: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/phase.gif
          > Also for European folks, it would be great to be able to
          > order a dvd of the event. It's so frustrating to not being
          > able to attend such an event. I know that looking a DVD is
          > not the same than attending the presentation, but it is far
          > better than nothing.
          >
          > I would like also, to say 'A HUGE thanks' to Richard for
          > having recording and posting his presentation.
          >
          > Merci beaucoup Richard !
          > Nicolas
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • galaxyimages1
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
            Not yet - I'm sure there will be an announcement on this list when the
            web page is available.

            Steve

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Steven Orlando <sorlando@s...> wrote:

            > Hello Steve,
            >
            > Is there a link to the East Coast Imaging Conference?
            >
            > Steve

          • Wayne Cooper
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
              Please select the link below to view my question concerning the AIC
              East:

              http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm

              Sincerely, Wayne

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1" <smandel@m...>
              wrote:

              > Warren:
              >
              > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East Coast
              version.

              > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
              this,
              > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
              families,
              > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
              > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San Jose
              or
              > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet to
              get
              > around in. ;-))
              >
              > Steve
              >

              > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
              <warhen@z...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Dear Guys,
              > > It's not within my means to travel to the left coast.
              I'm
> [...]
              Coast
              > > members will
              > > > form their own separate conference committee and conduct the
              East
              > > Coast
              > > > Conference on Astronomical Imaging. Registration information
              will
              > > be
              > > > announced in plenty of time for attendees to make travel plans
              for
              > > both
              > > > conferences.
              > > >

              > > > Both committees appreciate your support and participation.
              > > >

              > > > Advanced Imaging Conference
              > > >
              > > > -------------
              > > >
              > > > Steve Mandel
              > > >
              > > > Ken Crawford
              > > >
              > > > Russ Croman
              > > >
              > > > Keith Allred
              > > >
              > > > Brian Lula
              > > >

              > > > East Coast Conference on Astronomical Imaging

            • galaxyimages1
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
                Please select the link below to see my answer:

                http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html

                Steve

                --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper" <coopersx@c...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San Jose
                > or
                > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet to
                > get
                > > around in. ;-))
                > >
                > > Steve
                > >

                > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
                > <warhen@z...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Guys,
                > > > It's not within my means to travel to the left coast.
                > I'm
                > > > a drivable 5 hours from NYC. I was able to do Ron's workshop at
                > > > NEAF, but would love an AIC-type conference in the east. I wish
                > you
                > > > could have put out a poll on a few lists to see how many midwest
                > > > right coasters there are that would have been interested.

              • Randy Nulman
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Wayne,

                  As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the same
                  time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really made
                  my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally appropriate
                  to this.

                  Regards,
                  Randy Nulman

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > or
                  > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet
                  > get
                  > > around in. ;-))
                  > >
                  > > Steve
                  > >

                  > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
                  > <warhen@z...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Dear Guys,
                  > > > It's not within my means to travel to the left
                  coast.
                  > I'm
                  > > > a drivable 5 hours from NYC. I was able to do Ron's workshop
                  at
                  > > > NEAF, but would love an AIC-type conference in the east. I
                  wish
                  > you
                  > > > could have put out a poll on a few lists to see how many
                  midwest
                  > > > right coasters there are that would have been interested.

                • Dave Bailey
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
                    Yeah, I start to giggle now just seeing his name, before I know what the
                    message is.
                    I lost his picture book of him and his extended family, I needed that to
                    show my family his real picture <G>.
                    Dave Bailey

> [...]
                    > AIC
                    >> East:
                    >>
                    >> http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm
                    >>
                    >> Sincerely, Wayne
                    >>

                    >> --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                    > <smandel@m...>
                    >> wrote:
                    >> >
                    >> > Warren:
                    >> >
                    >> > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East Coast
                    >> version.
                    >> >
                    >> > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
                    >> this,
                    >> > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
                    >> families,
                    >> > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
                    >> > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San
                    > Jose
                    >> or
                    >> > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet

                  • Randy Nulman
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                      Agreed about his "family picture album" <G>....

                      Randy Nulman

                      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@q...>
                      wrote:

                      > Yeah, I start to giggle now just seeing his name, before I know
                      what the
                      > message is.
                      > I lost his picture book of him and his extended family, I needed
                      that to
                      > show my family his real picture <G>.
                      > Dave Bailey

                    • jp922
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                        To:
                        Wayne Cooper
                        Steve Mandel
                        Randy Nulman

                        Warren Keller is a serious imager. Yes, he made a mistake posting
                        the response he did, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule you people
                        inflicted with your images and comments. Steve, your first response
                        was appropriate for his mistake and it should have stopped there.

                        Jack Patterson

                        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Nulman" <rj.nulman@v...>

                        wrote:

                        > Please select the link below to see my answer:
                        >
                        > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
                        >
                        > Steve
                        >

                        > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper" <coopersx@c...>
                        wrote:

                        > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning the
                        AIC
                        > > East:
                        > >
                        > > http://wayne-cooper.com/photo_gallery37.htm
                        > >
                        > > Sincerely, Wayne
                        > >

                        > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                        <smandel@m...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Warren:
                        > > >
                        > > > Read the whole announcement - there is going to be an East
                        Coast
                        > > version.
                        > > >
                        > > > As to a poll - problem is, the guys who are willing to work on
                        > > this,
                        > > > all of us below, want to do so near where we live. We have
                        > > families,
                        > > > day jobs, etc. that would make it difficult to put these on in a
                        > > > location that is more than driving distance from us - in San
                        Jose
                        > > or
                        > > > Philly. Unless of course, you want to send us a chartered jet
                        > > get
                        > > > around in. ;-))
                        > > >
                        > > > Steve
                        > > >

                        > > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Warren A. Keller"
                        > > <warhen@z...>

                        > > I'm
                        > > you

                        > > <smandel@m...>

                        Conference
                        > > on

                        > > 2006.

                        > > the
                        East
                        > > decided

                        > > better
                        Conference
                        > > on
                        > > organizers

                        > > out
                        > > for
                        > > the
                        > > that
                        > > that
                        > > unable
                        > > the

                        > > Imaging
                        > > and

                        > > will
                        > > Coast
                        > > East
                        > > will
                        > > for

                      • Randy Nulman
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                          Jack,
                          First of all, I do not think that Warren's post or question was
                          either a mistake or inappropriate. I think what you may not be
                          aware of is Wayne Cooper's occassional "self-depricating"
                          jokes...such as the one he posted here that wasn't really a response
                          to the thread at all, he just used the thread to add in one of his
                          jokes and it was to Wayne and his "joking" image of himself that
                          Steve and I responded. Believe me that it had nothing to do with
                          Warren's post which was pretty much over after Steve appropriately
                          replied.

                          Guess the problem with jokes is that if one is not familiar with the
                          comic or his style, things can get mis-interpreted. I think that's
                          what happened here and for that I apologize.

                          Randy Nulman

                          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "jp922" <jackpatterson@c...>
                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > >
                          > > Wayne,
                          > >
                          > > As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the
                          > same
                          > > time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really
                          made
                          > > my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally
                          > appropriate
                          > > to this.
                          > >
                          > > Regards,
                          > > Randy Nulman
                          > >

                          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                          <smandel@m...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Please select the link below to see my answer:
                          > >
                          > > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
                          > >
                          > > Steve
                          > >

                          > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper"
                          <coopersx@c...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning

                        • Wayne Cooper
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                            Hi Jp and sorry I just read your post. I never even picked up on
                            Warrens mistake and his comment had nothing to do with my post. I
                            was really wondering if both conferences would have the same geust
                            speakers. My thought is probably not. The good thing is I live ony
                            45 min from Philly so no doubt I will attend...and hopefully plan a
                            vacation to take advantage of the West Coast Conferenece. That is
                            most likely the bigger of the two. Sorry and no disrespect to
                            anyone.The image I posted seemed kind of fitting to the question I
                            asked (that guy had a somewhat confused look). I was just adding a
                            new twist to message posting...all in fun and good sport.

                            Take care, Wayne

                            wrote:

> [...]
                            > >
                            > > Wayne,
                            > >
                            > > As you know, I consider you seriously "funny" and "sick" at the
                            > same
                            > > time <G>! This was another one of your funny posts and really
                            made
                            > > my day!!....Also saw Steve's response, which was equally
                            > appropriate
                            > > to this.
                            > >
                            > > Regards,
                            > > Randy Nulman
                            > >

                            > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "galaxyimages1"
                            <smandel@m...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Please select the link below to see my answer:
                            > >
                            > > http://www.galaxyimages.com/baby.html
                            > >
                            > > Steve
                            > >

                            > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper"
                            <coopersx@c...>
                            > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Please select the link below to view my question concerning

                          • galaxyimages1
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                              Hi guys:

                              Yes, this was only fun and kidding around with each other. I thought
                              the "confused" picture was pretty funny and laughed - as i did at the
                              picture i posted of the baby crying - it was too cute to pass up. All
                              done in fun by both of us.

                              I do believe the East Coast conference will be a good one - and I know
                              the AIC in the West will be good too. ;-)) We are not "coordinating"
                              presenters so there will be a good spread of speakers from conference
                              to conference. Both will offer workshops, spearker sessions and
                              vendor booths. Go to one, go to both - have some fun, learn and enjoy.