CCDSoft won't recognize calibration movement

  • alwittstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      I have been perusing the archives for help on a calibration problem,
      and have found some good advice, but nothing that matches completely
      the problem I'm having.

      When I attempt to calibrate my ST-2000 on a Gemini G-11 mount, I
      consistently get an error stating the scope did not move a sufficient
      amount in +X, and the calibration aborts. Yet when I measure how far
      the star has moved between images, it is approximately 100 pixels in
      10 seconds. The star is the only bright one in the image, and no
      other star moves into the image during the calibration attempt. I have
      tried both the autoguider chip and the imaging chip, with the same
      results each time. I have been manually selecting the guide star, and
      the white box flashes around it. One interesting thing is that if I
      use the AUTO button, CCDSoft conisistently selects a blank area
      approximately 50 pixels in the -Y direction from the bright star. It
      does not appear to be selecting a hot pixel, as the spot selected by
      CCDSoft moves around the image. Anywhere I move the star in the
      image, CCDSoft always selects the spot just below it. CCDOps
      calbrates
      correctly.

      Any help I can get in getting CCDSoft to calibrate will be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Arnie