New (old) image: The heart of the Heart Nebula in Ha

  • Paul K
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2005
      The data is from October, but I didn't realize I had two overlapping
      frames of this nebula, so I stitched them together to get this H-
      alpha mosaic:

      IC1805 in Cassiopeia:

      Medium:
      http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ham.jpg

      Large:
      http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ha.jpg

      TEC140 at F/7, Astronomik H-a filter, 2 hours exposure for each of
      the two panels (total of 4 hours).

      Comments and suggestions are welcome.

      Clear skies,

      -Paul
    • Jamie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2005
        hi

        nice stiching on this image...can't tell where they overlap....looks
        like you have some good data there....too bad you can do anything
        else with it for a few more months....would like to see a resulting
        image

        jamie

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K" <paul@p...> wrote:
        > The data is from October, but I didn't realize I had two overlapping
        > frames of this nebula, so I stitched them together to get this H-
        > alpha mosaic:
        >
        > IC1805 in Cassiopeia:
        >
        > Medium:
        > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ham.jpg
        >
        > Large:
        > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ha.jpg
        >
        > TEC140 at F/7, Astronomik H-a filter, 2 hours exposure for each of
        > the two panels (total of 4 hours).
        >
        > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
        >
        > Clear skies,
        >
        > -Paul
      • stefanovezzosi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
          Paul,
          your image is a joy for the eyes. The nebula is well contrasted and
          rich in detail... I've only a quesion: the exterme right and bottom
          edges (a bit also on the left) are a little grainy if compared to the
          rest of the field. I'm just curious, the overall result is great!

          Cheers,
          Stefano

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K" <paul@p...> wrote:
          > The data is from October, but I didn't realize I had two overlapping
          > frames of this nebula, so I stitched them together to get this H-
          > alpha mosaic:
          >
          > IC1805 in Cassiopeia:
          >
          > Medium:
          > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ham.jpg
          >
          > Large:
          > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ha.jpg
          >
          > TEC140 at F/7, Astronomik H-a filter, 2 hours exposure for each of
          > the two panels (total of 4 hours).
          >
          > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
          >
          > Clear skies,
          >
          > -Paul
        • Paul K
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
            Thanks a lot, Jamie!

            Actually, I also found some RGB data for this area. I'll post it in
            a few minutes so you can see the whole image in color.

            Regards,

            -Paul

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie" <rhoowl@y...> wrote:
            > hi
            >
            > nice stiching on this image...can't tell where they
            overlap....looks
            > like you have some good data there....too bad you can do anything
            > else with it for a few more months....would like to see a
            resulting
            > image
            >
            > jamie
            >
            > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K" <paul@p...> wrote:
            > > The data is from October, but I didn't realize I had two
            overlapping
            > > frames of this nebula, so I stitched them together to get this H-
            > > alpha mosaic:
            > >
            > > IC1805 in Cassiopeia:
            > >
            > > Medium:
            > > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ham.jpg
            > >
            > > Large:
            > > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/st10/ic1805-ha.jpg
            > >
            > > TEC140 at F/7, Astronomik H-a filter, 2 hours exposure for each
            of
            > > the two panels (total of 4 hours).
            > >
            > > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
            > >
            > > Clear skies,
            > >
            > > -Paul
          • Paul K
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
              Ah, you have a good eye, Stefano! I didn't do a great job of
              aligning all the frames when taking the individual sub-exposures, so
              there were some areas that didn't get the full two hours of data...

              And of course, the overlapping region got 4 hours worth of data, so
              it is a bit smoother than the outer regions as well.

              Regards,

              -paul

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "stefanovezzosi"